𝚃

point T: you can't trust anyone else if you can't trust yourself.

*two days later*

                 Things haven't really changed much over the past two days, briannas still in a lot of pain and the other day a few of her stitches ripped open which adds onto the already long recovery period.  Jay and hailey on the other hand were focused on both the kids and just ending this case, which now may have to go to court... Both detectives don't want it to go to court, because if it does that means the kids might have to testify, and if they're being honest both of them know Brianna isn't in the right head space for that; every little thing spooks her.

Brianna was sat playing on her phone on the bed, a strawberry milk carton in her hands and Braden sat on the couch near the window on his iPad, jay and hailey were stood outside talking to Will about everything. She's no long on the ICU ward, she's on the paediatric ward since she's not in critical condition; it's just not safe to go home yet. Will nodded, "how was she last night?" He looked at the parents. Hailey sighed, "she woke up a few times with nightmares, I think she woke Braden up with her" she sadly shrugged. Jay nodded, "it's maybe best if we find Braden some place to stay for now, I'll ask Kev..." he began to oppose, "no it's fine, he can stay with me and nat, he's really no problem" Will finished. Usually jay and hailey would feel bad for dumping one of their kids on someone but in this given moment they just really need to focus on Brianna.

                   "Thanks man" jay squeezed his brothers arm, "anytime, i get off shift at 7 so I'll stop by and take him with me, I think I still have some of his clothes at mine so we should be okay" Will smiled.  Hailey and jay smiled weakly as the red heads pager ran off, "I'll check in later" Will nodded before running down the hall and out of sight.  Both detectives turned around to look through the window, "she hasn't talked about it yet..." hailey sighed.  Jay smiled weakly, "she'll talk when she's ready" he nodded.  Hailey smiled up at him and nodded, both of them sighed in unison before walking back into the room.

I am so over this. I can't sleep at all and it's always either one of two reasons; 1) I can't close my eyes without seeing that mans face again, plus remembering what happened... or 2) my back is butching... jeez, I think the re-stitching hurt more than the post-surgery pain. I want to go home to my bed, where I'll feel much better. But no, disgusting hospital food it is...

                  At around 7:45pm Braden had already gone home with Will, and Brianna was laying down on the bed with her head rested against her moms lap, "hey, I gotta go check something alright? I'll be right back babes" hailey brushed briannas hair out of the way. Brianna looked up and nodded before letting hailey go, the teenagers face completely dropped and changed to a more worried expression, her dads in the bathroom (which is attached to her room) but she's currently on her own. She began to panic as her breathing became more shallow, the room was starting to spin and the hue was getting darker. She shook her head and placed her hands over her eyes to block out the negative memories she was having. Her chest was painfully tight.

Jay turned the faucet off after washing his hands and quickly dried them on a nearby towel before grabbing the bathroom door handle, he opened the door effortlessly and wandered back out into the hospital room without a care in the world. His heart immediately shattering at the sight ahead of him, "hey... it's okay, c'mon Bri, nice deep breaths for me" he quickly dashed over to the bed and sat down on the edge. Brianna instantly detached her hands from her eyes and fell straight into his embrace, "you're okay..." he ushered her sobs down. It broke his heart knowing that someone had done this to her, one man had completely ripped her apart and there's absolutely nothing he can do to stop it...

                   "There we go..." he held her tight as she calmed down a little more.  She sniffled and buried her head further into his shoulder, "you're okay" he rubbed her arm soothingly.  She nodded weakly but stayed silent, she just wants to be normal again, "I wanna go home..." she mumbled after a while.  He frowned and rested his chin on her head, "I know champ, I know. I promise we can go home soon" he sighed sadly.  She wiped her tears and and sighed, if only she had a time turner, maybe she could've taken a different route home...

Later that night, at around 1:35am, hailey had decided to catch up on some sleep since she was too exhausted to even function, jay had caught up on sleep this morning so he was a little more energised; so she was fast asleep on the couch whereas jay was being used as a pillow by his daughter, who was also sound asleep on the bed.  He brushed his fingers through her hair and watched sadly as she curled up by his side, all he wants if for everything to be how it was; he's never seen her so afraid before.  He was snapped out of his thoughts when briannas head lifted off of his chest, he looked down in confusion to see her looking around the room with a vacant glint in her eyes. 

               "Hey, I'm here..." he shook his head as she continued to sit up.  She only managed to partially sit up before laying back down, then it hit him, she was still asleep.  He smiled sadly as she laid back down but soon had to act fast when her hand raised upwards and towards the wound on her back, "no no no" he grabbed her hand, just in case she scratched it in her sleep, and placed it back down by her side, she wasn't even fazed by this action... That's how tired she was.