𝚄

point U: when there is unity there is always victory.

*one week later*

                "Briannaaaaa... hurrrrry up!" Braden complained as Brianna took her time to get her shoes on.  She shook her head and sighed, "quit complaining, I'm going as fast as I can" she smirked slightly.  He smiled back as she stood up, all ready to go home after a painful stay in this hospital. Both jay and hailey appeared in the room a few seconds later, it was fairly dark given that it was 6:55pm, but going home at this time was much better than waiting until the next morning.  Hailey smiled, "ready?" She nodded.  Brianna smiled weakly and nodded as she wrapped the floppy blanket over herself, despite the fact that she was already wearing joggers and a hoodie, but hey... she's a cold kid.

As the small family made their way out of med and into the car park Brianna looked around, people were going about their day like usual, something she took for granted before this happened...

                  "I'm hungry" Braden complained as the truck had to stop in traffic, "we're gonna stop at McDonald's, Brady" Hailey smiled.  Brianna wasn't even paying attention, she was just sat in the back seat behind the drivers seat with her head rested on the window, staring into the abyss. Hailey looked over at Brianna and just watched her for a while, she spent roughly thirty seconds watching her daughter stare blankly at the cars outside. Not once did the teenager blink, move, or say anything; it made her a little nauseous to know that Brianna has things going on inside her head and she can't do anything to help.

                 It's not that I want to ignore my family, I just can't help it, it's like I fall into these weird trances whenever my brain starts to thinks too much and I can't snap out of it. I don't even know I zone out at times, dr Charles told me I tend to do it a lot, but I've never really noticed it over the past week. It's all been a muffled haze.

"Brianna, what do you want to eat?" Jay parked up in the car park of the nearest McDonald's on their way home.  Brianna wasn't paying attention.  "Brianna?" Hailey encouraged as she put her jacket on.  After no response for a second time, "bri-ann-a" Braden nudged her arm impatiently.  Hailey shot Braden a stern glare as a way to tell him off, "huh? Sorry, what?" Brianna looked around.  Jay shot hailey a defeated glare, "we're here, what do you want?" Jay asked for a second time, still in a soft tone.  She looked around to see that she was indeed sat in the fast food car park, "are we going inside?" She enquired first.  They both nodded, "I'm not hungry, I'll just wait here" she sunk further into the seat.

Jay shook his head, "this is what we're having for dinner bri, we're not making anything when we get home..." he started but she cut him off, "I know, I just don't want anything, I'll wait here" she really didn't want to go inside, and she really had no appetite. Hailey smiled sadly, "alright, just come in at least" she nodded. Jay shot his wife a sad glare, but they knew it was no use in arguing, if Brianna doesn't feel like being social then she doesn't have to be just yet, but they don't want to leave her alone.  She nodded after a few seconds, "alright, let's go" jay got out of the car before opening the back door for the kids to climb out of.  Brianna left her blanket and phone in the car, before following her parents towards the McDonald's building.  The smell was making her feel quite sick, but she can deal with it.

"Can we get that one?" Brianna pointed to a table over in the far corner where nobody could bother them. Hailey smiled, "sure, take Brady with you" she nodded. Brianna smiled weakly back before nudging bradens arm and signalling for him to follow her, "what're you getting?" He sat down on the opposite bench. Brianna shook her head, "m'not hungry" she sighed and looked around, she just wants to go home.  Braden nodded and sighed subconsciously, he doesn't like his sister like this... She's quiet, sad, and boring, "what're you getting?" She added after seeing the disappointment on his face.  He looked up and smiled, "chicken nuggets" he shrugged.  She smiled and shook her head before resting it on the window, "like usual then" she yawned.

"Here we go..." jay groaned and sat down at the table next to Brianna as Hailey sat down opposite them, next to Braden. The young boy smiled and reached over for his food where as Brianna kept her head on the window, "here, Bri" hailey handed her a drink. Brianna smiled and gratefully accepted it, jay wrapped his spare hand around her, he too just wants to go home but the adults are hungry and can't be bothered to cook, which is reasonable after a long two weeks in med...

                   "...and then Jackson ran the 400, so I couldn't do it, but I ran the relay instead so it's all good. We won anyways" Braden continued telling his family the little story he gained from school a few days ago now that he's on the track team, hailey nodded as she finished off her ice cream, "sounds chaotic" she brushed his hair out of the way, "you done with this, Bri?" Jay grabbed the cup of Fanta which was sat in front of Brianna.  No response. Hailey looked up to see a sleeping Brianna resting her head on the window, "she's out" she looked at jay and shook her head. He looked around to see that there were people sat near them, if he wakes her up she might react, and that could scare everyone as well as Brianna.

"Hey..." he slowly nudged her leg. It took a few nudges before she eventually shot up with a mini gasp and grabbed his arm, "it's okay..." he grabbed her hands. She looked around to see people staring at her, judging her almost, she felt embarrassed, "I wanna go home" she shook her head. Hailey nodded, "we're going now" she smiled.  Braden didn't really pay attention much since he was practically already out of the door, so as the trio met him at the truck, Brianna had calmed down again.  "You good?" Jay held the back door open for her.  She nodded with a small sigh as she climbed back into the car.  He shot his wife a small nod before the pair also got into the front.  Home time...

I cannot keep my eyes open at all, it's only 9:25pm and here I am laying in bed fighting the irresistible urge to just close my eyes and fall asleep for eternity. I love sleep and it's my best friend, don't get me wrong, but I can't close my eyes without reliving everything...

Hailey stood up, "I'll go get bradens iPad" she sighed. Jay nodded but jumped off the couch too, "yeah, I'll check on Bri" he added. She smiled and nodded as the pair began making their way upstairs.  They separated ways and strolled down each end of the hallway, jay slowly pushed Briannas bedroom door open to see the light already turned off.  The light front the landing shone through the crack in the door and casted a little spotlight onto briannas bed, of which she was already flat out on.  He smiled weakly and folded his arms as he stood in the doorway.  Between the basic human instinct and briannas new born paranoia, she felt someone standing in the doorway and instantly shot up, "woah... I'm sorry, it's just me" he slowly walked over to her. 

                   She clutched her heart and nodded, "you scared me" she laid back down as jay scooted onto the end of the bed.  He smiled sadly and nodded apologetically, "is the front door locked?" She looked up at him as he ran his hand through her hair.  He smiled down and nodded, "yep, all the doors are locked" he tilted his head.  She let out a weary sigh and rolled onto her side, "my back doesn't hurt anymore at least"  she added.  He slowly nodded, "still gotta go easy on it" he rubbed her arm.  She smiled and nodded, "I know..." she sighed.  He smiled weakly as hailey strolled into the room, without saying much, the blonde climbed over the other side of the bed and joined in with this small hug, "are we camping out in here tonight?" She ran her thumb over briannas cheek.  The teenager laughed and nodded but she really meant it, she doesn't want to be alone.

                  Hailey shot jay a small smile but held their gaze for a few seconds, it's crazy to think that nearly two weeks ago they were worried sick about their babies being alone and scared, but now they have them back and the feelings still there, they just need to hide it.  Brianna on the other hand, well, she's a work in progress... Braden seems to be finding his own way through all this, given that he thinks he's independent now.  But they have each other, and that's all that matters...

                   Hailey was sat with her back against the bed board at around 3:15am as the other two slept, the small light in the corner of the room was on because Brianna was a little weary of the dark, but as she looked down to her right she smiled softly.  Brianna was happily snuggling under her dads arms, she sighed slightly and threw her head back.  The little things are what breaks the blondes heart the most, like how briannas hands shake 24 hours of the day.  Even now, the teenager has her hand hung over the side of her leg but it's still shaking, and how she stares blankly at the wall even if someone's talking to her, it's like the lights are on but nobody's home...