𝙹

point J:  there's no justification for acts of injustice.

*one month later*

"Hey dad... uh, this girl in my class is having a party tonight, can I go?" Brianna poked her head around her parents bedroom door. Jay sighed quietly and turned around, "who's gonna be there?" He tilted his head. Brianna shrugged slowly, "just the people in my grade I think" she smiled weakly. "You think?" He sighed in defeat. She nodded, "well, I'm not too sure, she didn't tell me who, only where and when" she looked down at her feet. Jay sighed, "I'll think about it, what time is it?" He nodded. Brianna looked up at him with a hopeful glimmer in her eyes, "7" she smiled weakly. Jay nodded and waved her out, "like I said, I'll think about it" he turned around to finish up the laundry. She smiled to herself and left the hallway before going downstairs again.

                  Roughly about an hour later, jay wandered into briannas room, "you can go to that party, under a few conditions..." he sighed.  Brianna smiled through the mirror and nodded, "no drinking, no drugs, no boys, be sensible and respectful, and I want you back before 12" he folded his arms.  Brianna nodded, "deal" she smiled.  He smiled back before nodding and leaving her room. She opened her mouth and turned to face the mirror.

Did you guys just see that? I think I'm dreaming right now. My dad, letting me, go to a party... This can't be real, right?

At around 6:50pm jay walked into the living room to see Brianna stood with her jacket on, she had hardly any makeup on but her hair was curled slightly, "go on then" he shooed her out of the door. Brianna was kind of nervous, she's going to a party where she doesn't know who else is going to be there, and she isn't really friends with anyone to hang around with... They got into the truck as Brianna typed the address into the sat nav, it was someone's house party which made jay a little more relaxed about all of this at least.

"Remember what I said, I'll be here just before 12 so don't be late" he sighed as he stopped outside of the house. She smiled and nodded, "see you later" she smiled and got out of the car, "bye" he sighed and once he saw that she was in the house, he drove away.

                 Brianna walked into the house and was immediately greeted with the strong smell of alcohol and sweat, she huffed before pushing her way through the crowd and wandering into the kitchen.  It wasn't as busy in there, so she grabbed an empty cup and filled it up with water, she didn't plan on drinking, not tonight.  She was snapped out of her thoughts by a familiar voice, "I thought you wouldn't show up" Archie sighed and brought his beer up to his lips. Brianna turned around and nodded, "oh, yeah, well my dad caved in so..." she shrugged. He smiled weakly and nodded, "what you did at school the other week, I thought it was pretty brave" he laughed. Brianna sighed, "don't even mention it, the wig was the first thing I could get my hands on..." she laughed. Archie smiled, "it was good, you know, taking the attention away from your brother" he looked down.

Brianna smiled weakly, "I guess so... I just, I don't understand why people feel the need to stare at him, he's no different to any of us, maybe a little unique, but nothing bad" she shrugged. Archie smiled, "I talked to him the other day" he nodded. Brianna shifted her eight to the other foot, "yeah? When?" She smiled weakly. Archie smiled back, "at lunch, he kinda dropped his tray on the floor..." he sighed. Brianna nodded and looked down, he probably laughed and ignored him, she's heard it all before, "I didn't just walk away... I did stop, to help him of course" he could see the doubt on her face. She slowly looked up at him, "oh, well thanks for that, he doesn't do very well with school" she smiled. Archie smiled back, "yeah, kids are assholes" he nodded. Brianna laughed and nodded slowly, maybe he's not so bad after all, "you wanna come into the basement? The rest of our grades down there" he pointed to a door.