Chapter 67

The next morning, Jungkook's hand searched inside the quilt until he found the soft body he was looking for. He pulled a sleepy Lisa under him and kissed her as one of his hand held her cheeks to keep her still.

Lisa, who is tired from the emotional ordeal, slept as soon as she hit the bed and had yet to wake up. Feeling the ticklish touch on her face she made to move away but something held her in place making her unable to turn away. Once she felt the grip slacken, she turned around sinking into the sheets and re-entering the dream land.

"....."

Jungkook watched her dig deeper into the bed as soon as he let her go.

He played with her hair for a minute before he headed into the bathroom for a shower and walked out in a towel.

Since he started living in Hannam, the maids were prohibited from entering into his bedroom. Although it was slightly inconvenient in the mornings, it was better than being interrupted during his morning rituals with Lisa.

When he got into the living room, Gong Yoo was trimming a bonsai in the corner meticulously.

When he saw Jungkook, he stopped his work, and bowed respectfully, "Master."

Jungkook buttoned his cuff links, "Kim family's relationship with Lisa, I want a report on it," he said without looking at the butler.

Family relationship? Gong Yoo was taken aback at his master's request, but he immediately gathered himself and nodded, "Yes young master."

Jungkook sat in the sofa and picked up the business paper and went through the headlines, "when we investigated Lisa, why was there no mention about her relationship with her family?"

Gong Yoo resumed his pruning as he answered his master, "Regarding that, Miss Lisa was already living away from her family for years, so they did not think it had any bearing on the report. Also, they analyzed that her poor relationship with her family and her sister's rise in stardom popularity might be the reason why the Miss might have resorted to drugging young master. They concluded that such behavior might have stemmed from her trying to climb up in the society to stand on equal footing with them."

Jungkook paused the page he was about to flip. Back then, he did not care much about her personal information, just the basics to help him coerce her. After all, these kind of things are usually taken care of by someone on the lower rung. If his own child was not involved, that might have been the case.

If he did not see Lisa with her foster mother yesterday, he wouldn't have known anything.

He closed the paper and put it back on the table, "about what I asked you a few days back, did we get a reply?"

"Yes master, a renowned psychologist says that there are two probabilities, one- Miss Lisa is indeed telling the truth about not having a child and two- something happened that forced her to make herself believe that she did not have a child."

Jungkook lowered his eyes and tapped the sofa's arms deep in thought.

"Fine. Call Namjoon and tell him that after he's done with his current job, he can start on the Kim family," he ordered, "and that sister, next time, I don't want to hear that she's still in the entertainment circle."

Hearing such orders, Gong Yoo held some misgivings, but in the end he nodded, "I understand master."

Jungkook was moving a family for Miss Lisa, butler Yoo was not sure if this was good or bad.

Jungkook picked up the paper once again as he leaned back comfortable into the sofa, "Also, throw away the plant you are pruning."

"Master?"