Chapter 6: LINGERING OVER OLD FEELINGS

"It will be ok don't worry you will be healed very soon."

Aunt In hold my hand and said when I was looking at white car in front of our salon which is for Pie. Her soon to be husband was there to pick her up. She looked happy and vibrant, her eyes were sparkling love and joy.

"I wish she always be happy in her life and he loves and care for her more" I found myself saying that while watching the happy couple. My aunt patted my back and smiled while I put my head on her shoulder in stayed there for a while.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Hey dude I'm in club Euphoria join me here." I asked Zee to accompany me because I thought having couple of drinks might help.

I was sitting on bar counter down with three shots when I saw bunch of ladies dancing and enjoying their selves on dance floor. Suddenly my eyes meet with familiar pair of eyes. I was looking at her and she was looking at me and then she started walking towards me. I felt my heart racing and throat dry I took another shot and tried to prepare myself for unwanted meetup which I was avoiding since yesterday.

"Hey Kim long time how are you?" She offered a handshake.

"Hi Pie Em fine thank you yeah long time. So how are you doing?" I tried my best to hide my feelings.

"Em fine just Partying with my girls from work."

After two three minutes of awkward silence " Em getting married" she smiled and raised her hand and showed me her ring.

"Congratulations! He must me a lucky man" I tried to smile but it never reached to my eyes.

"So hows life? Drinking alone?" she asked after noticing something.

"Nah my friends are coming." I found myself telling lie because I didn't want to show my misery. She looked at me intently for a while then smile. She wanted to stay but her friends were calling.

"Oh have fun Kim and always be happy." Then she moved for a hug which I accepted. I want to hold her for a bit long but I cant.

"Take Care Pie and Congrats again."

I was about to leave club because I had enough of drinks to handle and I had to drive home myself because Zee had some work to do so he bailed on me when I saw some people harassing a lady. My blood rushed when I heard familiar voice for help.

PIEEEE