Restored Balance

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

"Um... Excuse me, Y/N." Alerted by the soft voice that called her name, as well as the light tap on her shoulder, the girl spun around to find Juliana standing behind her. Her face looked worn, like she had a sleepless night and a terrible morning. Mixed into her exhaustion was an expression of guilt and nervousness, especially when she had locked eyes momentarily with the disguised angel standing to the side of Y/N in the school's hallway. Immediately, she looked down, as though she was unworthy of meeting either one of their gazes before taking a step back. Faintly, her hands shook as she fiddled with her fingers in front of her.

"Sorry, I just... I wanted to apologize for what I did to you. That wasn't right of me. I shouldn't have put that skunk in your locker. I was jealous of you because I had a crush on Laurence, and when he rejected me, I thought it was because of you." Juliana's hands grip each other tightly, turning the knuckles white as tears pricked at the corners of her eyes. "I was being crazy, and it was very wrong of me to do that. I'm so, so sorry!" She bows deeply, eyes squeezed shut and raining genuine tears. She had expected to hear a scoff in return, to be glared at or told off, but instead, Y/N was just shocked, and even after it wore off, she gave her classmate a kind smile.

"I see. I forgive you."

"What, really?" Juliana's head perked up in disbelief. That easy? She didn't have to offer to make it up to her or anything? She just... accepted it? Wasn't she angry? Wasn't she disgusted by her behavior?

"Yeah. I can tell you're really sorry about it. I can't say I like that you did that, but at least you did the right thing and apologized for it." Smiling a bit wider, she looks up at her angel, who grins back at her softly. "Laurence and I have been friends for a very long time, even before he started coming to this school. He's always looked after me and taught me that it's important to know when you've done something wrong and to own up to it, even if the other person might be mad. I understand that it's a hard thing to do sometimes, but at least I know the reason why now, instead of wondering."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." The blonde girl briefly met the silver eyes of the angelic being and flinched, though he reacted with indifference.

"Would you like to sit with us at lunch?" Y/N offers, much to her surprise. Juliana's mouth hung open a bit as Laurence placed a hand on his human's shoulder.

"I'm sure she'd like to sit with her other friends, Y/N." One look was all she needed to get the message. Juliana gulped and nodded her head.

"Y- Yeah, I'd rather not. Sorry. After all this, I really just want to take some time for myself and think. Bye." Y/N was a little disappointed when she hurried on her way without another word, frowning slightly.