The Boyfriend

•Y/N: Your Name
•H/C: Hair Color
•E/C: Eye Color

Author's POV:

Shiny, black shoes tap harshly against the pavement as the figure of a man approaches a dark blue door belonging to a white house with a black, slanted roof. The dark-haired figure raises his fist and gives a firm knock on the wooden surface to alert the people inside of his presence. As he waits patiently for a response, he shoves four of his five fingers into the pockets of his black coat with grey fur lining and looks around with his nearly yellow orbs. It isn't long before the door opens to reveal the face of Darin, who immediately takes in the image of the man in front of him. Due to his coat being left unzipped, the father was able to see the dark grey, collared shirt worn underneath that is tucked into his black pants, and his hair is shaved on all sides, save for the top, leaving a mop of curly, black hair styled nicely to fit his sharp features. His bright orbs contrast with the man's mocha skin, causing them to pop in an almost unnatural manner. His eyes certainly are the most unique feature of the man. A smile appears on Darin's lips before he opens his mouth to greet the newcomer only for him to catch him by surprise by bowing deeply for a few moments.

"It's nice to finally get a chance to meet you, Mr. Bardeau. My name is Mohan Rao, but most just call me Rao. I'm Catherine's boyfriend," he introduces, his voice velvety smooth with a very faint accent.

"Well, Rao, I'm glad to meet you as well. Come in. Dinner is just about ready. Make yourself comfortable." Darin steps aside, allowing the tall figure inside his home. The man takes in all details of the interior of the house upon walking in and opens his mouth to compliment the place only for his host to cut in. "I'm actually a bit relieved, to be honest. Catherine has been a bit distant from me and her sister, so I'm glad someone is able to make her happy." Rao smiles and nods his head before kneeling to untie his shoes.

"Yes, she told me about what she went through. It must've been hard for her to adjust back to a normal life after such trauma."

Darin frowns and nods in agreement as he watches Rao put his shoes along with the others. On his feet are a pair of black socks, which will prevent his feet from getting cold on the hardwood flooring.

"It has been rough, but, hopefully, with you in the picture, things will finally turn around, eh?" The man's smile returns to his lips as he pats his guest's back. Mohan didn't particularly like the affectionate action, but figures it's wiser to stay silent about it as to avoid being rude. "She's probably in her room. If not, then the living room. Make yourself comfortable. I gotta finish up making dinner."

With that, Darin goes into the kitchen, leaving Rao to fend for himself. Deciding to check the living room first, since it's closer than the bedrooms, he walks over to it. There was no sign of Catherine, but Y/N was sitting in the middle of the floor with Laurence across from her as they play Scrabble together. A sudden chill rolls down the angel's spine upon sensing something new entering the threshold as both raise their heads to view the stranger that came into the room. Rao gives an apologetic smile to the two as the white-haired creature's eyes grow wide with a mixture fear and shock.

"Sorry to interrupt, I was just looking for Catherine," he explains calmly, his yellow orbs darting over to the younger-looking male before pinning his gaze to the female.

"I think she's in her room," Y/N answers with the sweetest smile upon her lips as her friend only glares sharply at the man. "Are you her boyfriend?"

Mohan gives a soft chuckle, disregarding the menacing looks the angel sends him.

"That's correct. You can call me Rao." He takes a step forward but stops when Laurence suddenly stands. He is short in comparison to the man while in his teenage form,but that didn't make his harsh gaze falter. Y/N stares between the two in confusion as her angel speaks.