Foreboding Feelings of Destruction

•Y/N: Your Name

———————————————————
_____________________________________
Author's POV:
_____________________________________

———————————————————_____________________________________Author's POV:_____________________________________

_____________________________________

     How long has it been now? It was a question that rang through her mind as the bristles of a broom swept up dirt across the floor. It felt like ages had passed, and yet, also minutes in some odd way. Why, it felt like it was just yesterday when she packed her bags, when she said goodbye, when she got in that cab and fed her body to a ravenous devil. However, it had to have been a long while now, months maybe? She didn't want to ask, nor did she really need to know the answer.

     Sighing, Catherine paused her sweeping and rested her hands atop the end of the broomstick before placing her chin on the backs of them. Hell was not quite what she was expecting. The gloom was certainly there, but for some odd reason, she didn't feel like she was burning for all eternity. An A/C unit might be nice to have, though. She was sweating like a pig after all the work she's done. Oh well, at least he hadn't eaten today. Visibly she shuddered, pondering if she'd grow an iron stomach after witnessing the amount of raw meat Rao devoured.

     She was always left to pick up the bones, mop up the blood and bleach the floors. In this heat, the stench was unbearable, but she was lucky enough to be spared from such tortures. She'd gladly be the one cleaning the mess than partaking in it. She was even grateful her master had enough kindness in him to make her death quick. It was not without pain, of course, but the suffering didn't last long. A frown appeared on her lips as she thought about the things she left behind, her loving family. How are they doing? Is her father worried? Is Y/N doing good in school? Is that thing still with her? Are they safe?

     A bad feeling sunk her stomach as she let out a groan with sealed eyes. She hated not knowing, feeling helpless, angry that she couldn't pull that angel away from them. Even if she was still home, could she have done something? Could she have convinced Y/N to send him away? She didn't like leaving them alone with a creature like that. He wasn't a good angel, and she believed that fully with her whole heart. Her lips wavered as tears stung her eyes.

     "Please, be alright."

     "Reminiscing, Kitty Cat?" With a shriek Cathrine lifted up the broom and defensively swung it around to attack who stood behind her without so much as a thought only for a wrist to be held up to block the attack. Golden eyes gleamed with amusement as a sharp toothed grin stretched across the demon's face. Immediately, her heart dropped along with the broom before she sunk to her knees. The stick clashed with the floor as she bowed her head apologetically.

     "So sorry! I didn't realize it was you! Forgive me, please." She shook, afraid, but Mohan only smirked as he crouched before his favorite servant with a tilted head.