Dragged to the Fiery Pit

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

Author's POV:
__________________________

Author's POV:__________________________

__________________________

Tears glisten in the eyes of three of the five people standing near the front door of the Bardeau household. An arm lies across trembling shoulders as Catherine tightens her hold on the handles of the large duffel bag in her hands. The rest of her luggage had already been thrown into the boot of the taxi parked out front that would take her far away from this place to somewhere private, where the contract could be completed without interruption. It didn't matter, though. She wouldn't be using any of the things she packed. She just needed to make it look like she was moving out.

Catherine would be lying if she said she wasn't afraid, despite having known this was going to happen from the start. It just felt like it came too soon, but it's out of her hands now. This is what she agreed to, so she wouldn't put up a fight. She was thankful for the time given to her, but still, she wished for more. How human, but she really didn't want to leave her family behind, especially Y/N, who she worries dearly for. She's scared for the teen, knowing that there's something wrong with that angel, but it's too late to do anything now. All she can do is pray her father and sister will be safe during her absence.

"This feels so sudden. Are you sure you have to leave today?" Darin asks, obviously saddened by his daughter's decision to leave. He loves her dearly, which is why his ocean blue eyes are full of tears. He doesn't want her to go, yet at the same time, he's happy. He's relieved that she finally found someone she feels comfortable around and felt pride knowing he had raised a fine, young woman who is ready to move on to the next step in her life.

Poor, poor Darin. Oh, how little he knows of the truth. It's sad really. Catherine slowly nods her head while forcing a smile on her lips, wanting the man to see her happy one last time even if the emotion has to be faked. She drops the bag and runs to her father before trapping him in a bone-crushing embrace while withholding wicked sobs.

"Yeah. Thank you for everything, daddy. I love you." Catherine felt a strong, painful tug on her heart as she sniffles and reluctantly pulls away before looking over at her younger sibling. Again, her heart wrenched upon seeing those innocent, E/C eyes filmed over with tears, while Rao watched behind her with arms loosely crossed over his chest. Slightly, he leans against the doorframe, patiently waiting for his meal to wrap up her goodbyes while fully aware of the invisible entity standing behind the youngest human in the group. Laurence shot the demon a glare just for looking in Y/N's direction and subconsciously flares his wings a bit, regardless of the creature being unable to see him. The action was instinctive. Catherine gives an equally passionate hug to her sister before whispering a few chilling words in her ear so that their father couldn't hear them.

"I love you so much. I'm so sorry for the way I've treated you these past few years. I hope you can forgive me. Take care of yourself, Y/N, and remember what I told you. Be careful." Knowing she'll be dragged away as soon as she's done, Catherine lets her hug linger before wiping her tears. This is it, the end of the line. She wished things were different, that she didn't have to leave, but at least she has fond memories of the both of them that she will forever cherish. Hopefully, they would not miss her too badly. "I'll miss you guys."