Grey Clouds and Brewing Thunder

•Y/N: Your Name
•H/L: Hair Length

———————————————————
_____________________________________
Author's POV:
_____________________________________

———————————————————_____________________________________Author's POV:_____________________________________

_____________________________________

"Are you sure you want to try this, Y/N? It could be dangerous?" Laurence questions, amused, though with a hint of worry as his human stared at him with sparkling eyes, so excited that she was almost ready to bounce up and down on her heels like how she would as a little kid.

"More than anything! Besides, you'll be there to keep me safe, like always." She opens her arms wide, grinning ear to ear, as a call to embrace her. "I trust you not to drop me." Laurence chuckles. How could he possibly say no to that face? He felt that things had been a bit tense between them lately, ever since the altercation with Juliana and Principal Lavoie's death. To remedy that, he had brought up the memory he had of Y/N wanting to give flying a try a distant time ago. It made her light up like a firework.

She couldn't believe he was actually offering. He had never seen her so happy before. It relieved him. So, the next day after school, they found someplace secluded for him to transform, between some buildings on a not-so-busy street. It was a bit of a walk, but that was okay. Laurence stretches out his wings, never opposed to a good flight to flex the muscles. Suddenly, Y/N's expression dropped along with her arms just when he was about to embrace her.

"Is something wrong, Sweetness? Are you scared?"

"No, no, just... What if someone sees?"

"I can turn invisible if you'd like."

"And what about me. I'm not some chameleon that can just blend into the sky." He smiles and gazed up at the grey clouds above. It might rain soon if they aren't quick, not that it would matter. He never had a hard time flying in rain; in fact, he found it quite refreshing.

"We'll take cover in the clouds. Besides, most are going to be indoors because of the rain."

"I guess so. If you're okay with it." Grinning again, she charged towards the winged beast, surprising him as she crashed into his chest. He jolted, feeling that her hands had come a little too close to the base of his wings, and frantically, he pushed her arms down lower, meeting her surprised gaze with anxiety. "Are you okay? Normally, when I pounce on you, you don't move an inch." He clears his throat and sighs as he picks up her arms and glides up to the wrists to bind with her hands.

"Forgive me. I just don't like you getting too close to my wings is all." A frown comes to her lips.

"How come? Are they fragile?"

"No, not that. They are a bit sensitive and it's uncomfortable for me."

"Sensitive how? Is it painful?" She asks worriedly, tilting her head to get a view of the white feathers. "Were they injured before?" He chuckles at her concern and holds her hands to his cheeks, closing his eyes with a small smile.