Purest Creature

Mini Author's Note:

The picture is of Laurence.

•H/C: Hair Color
•E/C: Eye Color
•H/L: Hair Length
•Y/N: Your Name

Author's POV:

A handsome creature dressed in beautiful, golden armor sits sadly on the clouds with his four, large wings splayed out at his sides. Kind, silver orbs watch the world beneath, where humans roam and live out their mortal lives. Deep within the angel's pure soul lies a sickness, the sin of jealousy. He has grown too fond of God's creations so much so that he wished to live amongst them. Laurence isn't jealous of the humans, though, but of the guardian angels whose job it is to guide the creature's below and protect them from going down the wrong path.

They are the only angels allowed to be down there with the humans. Sadly, Laurence's duties only includes dealing with the dead ones whose souls are ready to pass through the golden gates. He doesn't get to interact with them. His job was found boring; his position, seemingly meaningless. He desires a greater purpose than opening and closing a gate.

Laurence wants to be a guardian more than anything, but he felt that it'd only be a dream and nothing more. Still, he hoped and prayed that one day he'll be given the chance. Word of the creature's secret desires spread far and wide in the heavens like wildfire, and soon, all of Paradise knew of his sin. All the angels know Laurence as a good man and naturally grew worried for the angel the more powerful his desire grew. Most days he was found in this very spot just looking down at the humans.

These little holes in the clouds are there for the guardians to pass in and out of Heaven and nothing more. It is forbidden for any other angel to go through them. A few of the Lord's angels grouped together one day to discuss what should be done with their brother, since his work ethic began to decline and his cheerful personality became withdrawn and depressed. There is really one option, for sin cannot be tolerated in Heaven. Laurence would be sentenced to fall.

A fallen angel is a creature that is banned from Paradise permanently and cannot be redeemed no matter the circumstance. It is the same as being dishonorably discharged. He'll be seen as a disgrace in the eyes of his father and other angels. However, they all knew the man wouldn't be discouraged by the verdict. It is Laurence's wish to leave, and this will allow him to do just that.

The angel was thrilled when informed of his "punishment"; a little sad, but more excited than anything. At last, his dream would come true! Laurence got to his feet, deciding to leave immediately, and heads to the large golden gates to meet with his brothers and sisters a final time to say his goodbyes. All of them wore grim expressions, while Laurence only showed his bright smile, which had been absent for the last half-century. Then, his time finally came. Standing before the hole in the clouds, a happy smile stretches the white-haired male's soft pink lips.

His silver eyes shut as he revels in the feeling of the cool breeze blowing through his silky locks as he inhales Heaven's blissful air a final time before turning around to face the gates he'd no longer have to open for newcomers. Arms and wings outstretched, the male leans back until he falls into the sin-filled world below. He smiles and closes his eyes as his wings surround his form, allowing him to spin rapidly down to the mortal realm. He wished to get there faster, so he tucks his wings in tightly regardless of feeling a burning sensation around his body. Flames lick at the tips of his white feathers that radiate a golden tint, burning them as he enters the new world.