Getúlio Vargas

If you like my job, please support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/giovanicesconetto

***** 

"Brazilians scream for freedom, but they don't really want it. What they really want is a strong man to guide them. To say what they must think and do," said Getúlio Vargas to no one other than himself.

The Estado Novo's dictatorship ended a couple of years ago, Dutra did an awful job as President. Brazil was in economic chaos. The people that once screamed for freedom now wanted what they once had.

"And I know that better than anyone. I know what the people want. I know how to conduct the masses. A jingle here, a promise there, and no one would remember what I did," Vargas scoffed. "It's so good to live in a country with no memory," he stopped and reflected. "No, Brazil has a memory. However, it's selective. They'll only remember what it's good for them. And that serves me well."

Getúlio Dornelles Vargas took a sip and smiled. Quietly, he started to mumble a song that Brazil would forever remember.

"I'll change how people remember me. I'll make history by entering history."

THE END

*****

Getúlio Dornelles "Gegè" Vargas (19 April 1882 – 24 August 1954), also known by his initials GV and nicknamed "the Father of the Poor," was a Brazilian lawyer and politician who served as the 14th and 17th president of Brazil, from 1930 to 1945 and from 1951 to 1954.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getúlio_Vargas