Prologue

Elizabeth Quinn Vasquez was known to be the definition of the kook princess in Outer Banks, she was the good girl that everyone loved, alongside her best friend, Sarah Cameron

The dark haired girl was also one of the wealthiest families in Figure Eight, however, they're tied with the Cameron's who not only are extremely good friends even before the partnership took place, but both the families act like one big happy one towards one another ever since the kids can remember.

Elizabeth was six years old when she first met the two Cameron kids. One being extremely outgoing while the other observed from afar.

Sarah and Elizabeth's friendship became more like they were sisters, they always snuck off with each other, getting into trouble together, it was always them against the world, forming an unbreakable bond in a short amount of time.

At the age of ten, the Vasquez's daughter and the eldest Cameron started to form their possessive but genuine friendship for one another.

Everywhere she went, he was there even if she's annoying him to the bone, he's always there beside her or behind her. Sarah noticed but never minded, she was just happy that her brother and her best friend are both spending time with her and together.

As they got older, being the age of fifteen now, some people started to take notice of their weird friendship. Some will say he's possessive towards the girl, while other's will say he's just playing the big brother act as he's over protective with her.

The two never cared what anyone thought of them, she knew what was real and what wasn't and he did too, that was another thing she adored about him the most, his loyalty.

She annoyed him because she loved when he would stare at her, she loved having his attention, and he knew it too.

When Elizabeth turned sixteen, she left to the boarding school that she got forced to go to. It was unexpected for everyone how she was just gone the next day without a word from her.

She didn't say bye, she never wrote or called, she couldn't even if she wanted to.

That action alone made Sarah cry for eight whole months, feeling like she lost her other half, her sister, her best friend who she grew up with ever since she can remember the two outside her house throwing water balloons at her brother.

Rafe on the other hand, grew more angrier towards the outside world, he became inpatient, everything ticked him off and he wanted to fight everyone.

Unexpectedly not seeing the girl that the two Cameron kids grew up with and learned to love and adore, made one of them cry their eyes out while it made the other one become this ticking time bomb.

They never got told why Elizabeth left Outer Banks while her parents stayed. The only thing that was said to them was how she was born into a high paying business, although the life came with wealth and power, there was pain and hardships if things weren't going correctly as planned.

Sarah and Rafe both enter the Vasquez's estate with ease, they've both been coming here to eat breakfast as a family with them ever since they were kids.

"I have plans today so let's make this quick," the eldest Cameron says to his sister.

"Yeah whatever, you say that everyday when we get here but yet you stay at home throughout the day." Sarah says, rolling her eyes.

The now eighteen year old girl walks down the stairs with folded arms over her chest and a wicked smile on her pretty face, "do you guys ever shut up?"

Sarah's the first to turn her head quickly at the voice of her childhood best friend, tears beginning to run down her face as they both embrace each other in a tight, falling on the floor, crying very loudly, hug.

Rafe stay's quiet, watching the two girls cry on the floor in front of him, he couldn't help but stare at the girl who's hugging his sister.

How unreal this feels, how he's gonna wake up and see that she isn't really here, that he's dreaming about her again just like olds times - how he dreamed about her when she first left for five months straight.

He then looks at her face, lips parted as he takes in her appearance. She looks older, prettier to be exact, he thought, but is she the same girl that he grew to protect and learned to love and adore at a young age, he thought.

The moment Elizabeth walks up to Rafe with his crying sister behind her, he just knew she hasn't changed a bit. The way she carries herself, her scent of perfume lingering the air, how her smile still reaches her blue eyes - she flicks his forehead, eyes glancing down on his lips before she says, "missed me?"

-

I suck at writing prologues but I promise you it gets better.. kinda, hopefully!