Twelve

"Surfing"

 "Do you have feelings for Elizabeth?"

The blonde snorts, shaking his head at his friends question towards the brown haired girl he once had feelings for when he was young and dumbly in love with a kook, "why are you asking?"

John B shrugs his shoulders, leaning back on his chair as he looks over to Pope and Kiara talking amongst each other near the twinkie, "I just wanted to ask." John B was curious on his friends feelings towards the girl, he knew the blonde once deeply cared for her and would have done anything for her, but little does he know that JJ had the opportunity to do something but he didn't which caused that to be the last time he saw her before she left.

The pogues haven't seen Elizabeth since the party that they all went to - JJ wanted to send her a text to see if she's okay and how she's been, but chose not to due to her best friend who has raging unexplained and unexpectedly moments when it involves her.

The blonde can handle Rafe but he rather not.

When JJ was younger he did notice - just like everyone else - the weird interaction between Elizabeth and Rafe. The two were always together and never apart. If one had to leave a party or school the other one will simply follow, they couldn't be apart from each other even if it got them in trouble.

However, taking note of that - JJ still couldn't help but fall in love with the brown haired girl. It was the way she carried herself and how outgoing she was with everyone. JJ knew she was a kook but she didn't acted like one all the time, she was surrounded by her own kind, but that didn't stop the blonde from staring at her from afar.

It was how open minded she was that caught his eyes, Elizabeth never looked at JJ or his friends as dirty pogues that nowadays kooks call them as, she looked at all of them as if they were normal people and not lower class. Although, the blonde was admired by many of his people, it was the way Elizabeth looked at him was what he wanted and craved the most, it was intoxicating and he needed more of it.

However, Elizabeth was indeed an open minded person and hardly cared about anyone's opinions, she still couldn't have been seen with any pogues - especially the troublemaker JJ Maybank. But, that didn't stop her from staring at the blonde from afar in pure awe, she didn't know what it was that he had that attracted her towards him every time he would walk by, but she wasn't complaining.

So the two love birds kept quiet and only saw each other at night when everyone was sound asleep and she wasn't being watched by the Cameron boy. What started their little romance was when JJ approached the girl after school when she finally wasn't around anyone and complimented her right off the bat, at first - he was caught by surprise on how fast they hit it off since she's a kook and he hates all living ones, but she was different and he noticed that by a mile which only caused the blonde to interact with her even more - not caring about the risk of being murdered by Rafe if he would to catch them together.