Six

"Midsummer part 2: the feelings, the memories, the truth."

 Elizabeth couldn't breathe

Elizabeth couldn't breathe. It was like the gown that she was wearing was suffocating her. Her hands became shaky as the question that Rafe asked her was still in her mind.

An older looking man comes in the room, seeing the scene in front of him, he gently places his hand on the girls backside, "ma'am, are you okay?"

She didn't respond but walk away, knowing the security guard will take care of the rest.

Elizabeth hears multiple profanities in the room as she walks back outside seeing everyone enjoying themselves like nothing was happening, how they all act like the world revolves around them and them only.

When she first started hanging out with Jj and his friends, she almost hated being a kook, however, she knew her parents worked so hard to be where they all are now and the girl may be a lot of things, but ungrateful isn't in her category.

"Where's Sarah?"

Topper shrugs his shoulders, taking another sip from his drink, obviously being alcohol since he's slurring his words as he speaks.

"I- I don't know, she- she ran off to god knows where probably out fucking another dude like the whore she-," he couldn't finish his sentence due to dark haired girl slapping him across the face.

Feeling a bit guilty for taking her frustration out on him but he deserved it.

"Don't you dare talk about Sarah like that to me, or to anyone else." The girl spat in disgust, "you don't deserve her if you can talk about her like that."

Elizabeth had enough of today, she's tired of the fights between the two titles, she's tired that she can't seem to let go when she needs to, she's tired of always making jokes and seeing people laugh and be happy when she isn't okay, she's just mentally and physically just tired.

Topper steps back, shock that she slapped him.

The girl shakes her head, not wanting to hear what the desperate kook has to say anymore, leaving his side, she walks down the steps of the house to the front yard.

She notices the group of pogues leaving the scene filled with laughter in the air around them, averting her eyes away from them, she looks out into the distance.

"We need to talk."

Elizabeth mentally sighs, she's not ready to talk about it or about anything but she also can't leave someone when their thoughts are corrupted, especially not Rafe.