Five

"Midsummer part 1: kook princess faces her broken heart."

 Elizabeth looks at her long, lilac gown, thinking about how she didn't miss Midsummer

Elizabeth looks at her long, lilac gown, thinking about how she didn't miss Midsummer. It was the day of the year that all the kooks gathered around in one place to show off their wealth and talk about business, for some.

The troubled girl rolls her eyes at the thought of being there today, she never enjoyed the party when she was little and she had her reasons.

"I don't want to hear it," her mother instantly says when she sees that her daughter isn't dressed yet, knowing she's going to try to persuade her way out of this one.

The girl groans from her bathroom, hating the idea that she has to go.

Elizabeth opens her mouth to object but the elderly lady shakes her head, stopping her daughter from saying anything, "do it for your dad, angel, please?" her mother says softly, not wanting to argue.

The girl firmly nods, knowing she can't escape this one.

The eighteen year old starts dressing herself, the silky gown itself is beautiful. Her mother picked it out the moment she knew her daughter was coming back to Outer Banks without hesitation.

She feels bad that she sent her daughter off to a boarding school far away from them and her friends but she needed to be taught a lesson, if she wants to wear the crown, despite it being heavy, she has to make the right decision and sleeping with a pogue was definitely not the right path for her.

Elizabeth sighs, running her slender fingers through her black long hair before her mother begins to style it.

"I notice you've been hanging out with Rafe Cameron more lately."

The mother knew of Rafe and her daughter's friendship long before the girl left, kooks talk all around Figure Eight so it made her a bit suspicious when her daughter was the talk for awhile.

She's up to date about the Cameron boy and his psychotic anger episodes, she just hopes that her daughter is making the right choices as she goes.

"Yeah, he's my best friend after all."

"Mhm." she simply says, also knowing it isn't right for her to step her boundaries on her daughters life since she hasn't be apart of it lately, all she can do is hope that her daughter is indeed smart when it comes to guys.

The soft knock to the white wooden door makes the two gorgeous woman look at the man wearing a nice suit who's looking down at the two most important people in his life with a smile on his relaxed face.