Chapter One

Yeehaw! Another idea I just couldn't hold back anymore! I hope you enjoy it, my lovely readers! I thought you might like to see my ideas about this plot!

Chapter One: OOOO...Percy's In Trouble...

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

"Perseus Jackson." Artemis lands right front of me. I hit the brakes and come to a halt. I start to back away from her. I look at my surroundings and see that I am surrounded by the hunters.

"Please, Lady Artemis. I cannot fight you or your hunters. Leave me be, please. I can die on my own. I can hunt down the last of the monsters until my strength fades. Let me die out here. No one cares what happens to me." I beg her.

She tilts her head at me like a bird. "You wouldn't raise a hand to my hunters and I?" She asks intrigued.

"Nor any female. Just let me be. I can't survive with people anymore. I can't be attached to anyone again. It hurts too much to have loyal ties that don't stay forever. I'm dead already. You're hunting prey that is already taken. Don't you see I'm gone?" I keep my distance.

I flinch and grip my left arm. "Styx. Not again." I say through gritted teeth.

Artemis reaches out. "Don't touch me. Don't help me. The faster I die the better for everyone. At least in the Underworld they leave you alone. I haven't done anything. I never plan to. The one goal I have left in life is to systematically kill off every monster I can find." I snap at her.

She draws her hand back. I remove my hand from the black patch that grows on my left arm and breathe in deeply to center myself. "Forgive my rude outburst, my lady. It will not happen again."

She smiles a little at me, then frowns. "My father still wants you brought in. He thinks that left alone, you would betray Olympus. The gods know you have not done wrong. But Zeus is worried that you'll join someone else's side to bring down Olympus for the betrayal their children put you through. Athena is upset that her daughter is at the heart of it. She explained the effects it would have on you because of your fatal flaw." She looks at the black patch growing on my arm.

I cover it up again and look away to the side at the ground. "Yes, well," I smile sadly. "There's not much I can do about it. I'm dying slowly because of it." I breathe deeply. "I've decided to use the remainder of my life to kill off those that would oppose you and your children. I'm tracking down a group now. I won't betray Olympus, don't worry. That tie is still there." I look past her and start to walk.

I end up on one knee from the black patch on my right knee. "Not good." I mutter. I draw Riptide and use it to stand, then cap it.

"Percy, we can heal you." Thalia says from a tree above me.

"Come again, demigod lieutenant of Lady Artemis?" I reply as I stop under the branch she's on and keep staring ahead.

"Percy, I never did anything to you." Thalia pleads with me.

"Lady Grace, I seem to recall you screaming at me about my being a traitor sea spawn. However, I am past this and have forgiven you. Our previous friendship is another matter. It is terminated. Goodbye, Lady Grace. Enjoy immortality and the freedom from all burdens." I say monotonously and walk off.

~Two Hours Later~

I strike down the last of the ten cyclops left over from the army at the last battle. Scrap metal is in my gut. I rip cloth from nearby sheets over the old cars and rip out the scrap metal, then bind my wounds.

"I know you're there. You've been there since I walked away. Come out." I whisper and Artemis and her hunters come into view from behind the pile of scrap metal. "You know," I sigh and put my hand over by blackened left arm, it's unable to move now. I look up at the sky through the hole in the roof. "I think you should go home. Those monsters were pretty keen on killing you once they caught your scent. You should learn to mask your presences better." I say.