Chapter Twelve

On we go, my lovely readers!

Chapter Twelve: Sneaking Through The Dark

Point of View: Third Person

Evan and Mayla grab two of their siblings, Livi and Mason, and head out for the cave system, Mayla leading the way. They make it there in six hours, only stopping to eat. They all spread out through the shadows, gaining the help of all the spiders in the area. They gather what information they can in the four hours that they stay there, not being detected in the slightest.

Percy is training who he can in what he can with the time he has in the day and what little daylight there is in the evening before they all go to bed after dinner. He, however, stays up, guarding the border. By dawn, Mayla and her siblings come into sight. They run right up to Percy.

But before they can say anything, Percy speaks first. "Commit it to memory and go sleep. We will meet in the morning when you are all up."

~In The Morning

All the cabin counselors and the Olympian council sit in the Big House, discussing the details of the training Percy is giving before the Arachne cabin head joins them. Evan walks in and sits next to Percy, all eyes turning to him. "Go ahead, Evan." Percy nods.

"The man, he is pitch black, not colored, but pitch black. He has this swirling armor and his face is all screwed up. An army of 30,000 monsters strong at least from what we could get to and the rest you already know." Evan says. "There wasn't much else to figure out. We overheard them talking about where to fight the end battle, but the man argued with some woman for about an hour before the woman stormed off. Either here or Olympus are the two choices." 

"And the woman?" Percy asks, sounding like he's dreading more.

"Um, she has this cold air about her. Not like evil or anything, but freezing winter. She sounded harsh and demanding, like a spoiled princess." Evan has to think about it.

"My best guesses as to who the two beings are...Tartarus and Khione. Why he thinks her opinion is valuable, I have no idea. She must have gained power or done something for him and gained his respect and trust. We might want to talk to Boreas. I like him, shame if he joined the other side." Percy muses.

"I believe you are correct, Perseus." Hades chimes in.

"So, why are you leaving the plans upto me?" Percy looks at the new King of the Heavens.

Hades shrugs. "I feel it best you lead. You have more experience and you know how to encourage an army. Plus, I am not suited as well as you are, though pained I am to admit it. I've been underground forever. It is a decent change to be in this position, but I cannot do as good a job as you can in this department." 

Percy chuckles. "I haven't done such a thing in over 30,000 years, uncle. I am out of practice."

"Not from what I can see." Hades smiles kindly.

"Why would Tartarus attack us?" Artemis asks. "He never has before."

"Killing his wife?" Dionysus suggests.

"But he would have attacked before now when you killed her the first time. And she's not actually dead. She's sleeping. If we killed Gaea, the earth wouldn't really exist, not all that well if at all." Percy points out.

"True." Dionysus agrees.

"So what motivation would he have?" Demeter asks, looking happy since her brother and sister are now a part of the council again.

"That's what we need to find oiut. Evan, are you sure you didn't hear anything of the sort?" Percy turns to Evan.

Evan sighs and concentrates as he thinks on it. "Well, maybe. It sounded like he was doing a favor of some sort. But that's all I have."

"What favor would be great enough for a war in return?" Athena sounds incredulous.

"Khione couldn't have done too much for him, right?" Jason implores.

I'll be writing the next chapter in a few minutes, lol. I must eat dinner. See ya soon, my lovely readers!