Chapter Thirteen

Sorry, sorry, I know. We had malfunctions with our dryer we had to replace and I had work. So, without further ado, the story, my lovely readers.

Chapter Thirteen: Kidnapping and Uncaring

Point of View: Perseus Jackson/ Katharos

"Katharos! Percy! What do I call you?!" Thalia comes running into the Big House, all attention turning to the liuetenant, who slammed right into the doorway of the room they were using. 

"Either is fine, lieutenant." I nod. "What ails you?"

"It's Annabeth!" Thalia pants, probably from running so far. 

"She left about two hours ago to get something from her cabin, I figured she was putting something together or she was napping from those bags under her eyes." I raise an eyebrow. "Is something the matter?"

"She's been abducted by Khione!" Thalia shouts at me, coming toward me.

"And?" I ask in a bored tone.

"You don't care?!" Jason exclaims incredulously. 

"Should I?" I inquire. 

"This is lower than I thought you would ever go, Perseus Jackson." Thalia slaps me.

I chuckle. "Then obviously you didn't ever know me, Thalia Grace. I do not take well to being betrayed, even after thirty thousand years to get over it. I may have forgiven all of you somewhat, but I will always hate you. I am here to do my job. Right now, Annabeth Chase is in the perfect position to get the crucial information we need and I am sure that if she were here and you were in her place, she would say the same thing."

"And what if it was Phoebe?" Thalia smirks.

I sigh and then laugh. "My wife, you mean?" I shake with laughter. "Oh, my. She would be the first to volunteer for it, did you ever know anyone from the old days or did people slip past you like a child grows? Hades, Phoebe would tell me to suck it up if I were in Ms. Chase's position. Tell me, do I sem cold hearted to you? Changed? Cold and calculating? I have been called worse, far worse. Names you would cover your ears so you wouldn't here them being uttered in your presence. Phoebe would kill me if I didn't let her do what was necessary. I wouldn't like her so close to the enemy, especially in her wonderful condition, however, I do believe I am not alone in my thoughts, whether I hate the wisdom child or not. I am purely, solely dedicated to my job. Annabeth is a part of it. I will go mysef and retrieve her if I must, but for now, she remains within the enemy's grasp."

"You aren't afraid she'll be tortured?" Leo speaks up.

I shrug. "I am quite positive she won't be. She doesn't really have any information to share, she's useless all alone in that cave system against that many monsters, and tartarus is dead set on winning this. They think taking Annabeth will cripple our strategies due to past events. She is a prisoner of war, lieutenant. We cannot afford an assault on the enemy base, not at the moment at least. You would be heading into a bloodbath. A quest would be suicide."

"What about a trade?" Piper suggests.

"What do we have that the Primordial of the Pit could want?" Hera wonders.

"I believe the more appropriate question to ask would be what Khione wants." I disagree with Hera, who nods slowly in understanding. "He is repaying whatever favor large enough to get him to commit to war. Something he had never wanted to truly be a part of."

"Good point." Dionysus sighs.

"You mean we are abandoning Annabeth?!" Athena screeches.

"Look, Athena, I may not like your brat, but I don't leave anyone behind. I am not abandoning the girl, I am merely biding my time. If she's smart enough, she'll gather information while she's spending time with the resident enemy on our border." I give her a hard look.

Athena shuts up even though I know she wants to say something. 

"How long are we leaving her there?" Thalia asks in defeat.

"A while." I say calmly.

"WHAT?!" Athena blows.

"It will give her time to cool off after so long, she'll gather information, get an attitude adjustment, learn the meaning of consequence, and she'll experience the right kind of hardship. I am not worried because nothing will really happen to her other than a few welts and bruises. She's not really valuable, they'll find out soon enough. Besides, you haven't sen my acting skills yet." I grin evilly and the goddess of wisdom gulps. "See to it you don't go behind my back, Athena. You won't like what happens."

Short, I know, but I am working on the next chapter now. Have fun waiting, my lovely readerstheultimaterickrifan!