Chapter Two

I am working on it. Here is this update, my lovely readers.

Chapter Two: Why?

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

Chiron gallops up and scowls immediately when he sees me outside the border. "How may I help you, Lady Artemis?" Chiron turns to her and completely ignores me.

"You will remove the ward that keeps Perseus from entering." Artemis snaps at him.

"Go crying to daddy so you could come in?" Chiron turns to me sneering.

"Actually, Lady Artemis dragged me here. I have no wish to be near this gods forsaken hellhole, but the lady wants the spell off. Doesn't mean I'll come in." I shrug. "Least I know my place in the world centaur. Shouldn't you be run through by now?"

He huffs and I chuckle. "No, I'm not a monster."

"Neither are the party ponies, but that didn't stop them from running wild. Afraid your true nature will come out if you run with them more than once or twice a century? Such shame. No pride at all." I taunt him and look at him through the corners of my eyes.

"You're one to talk about pride. Where's yours? Absent in class like always?" Chiron smirks.

"No, my pride is my loyalty to those who I deem worthy of it. The only pride I really care about is being a son of Poseidon. What's yours? Kronos's cast aside son because he wasn't a god? Allowed to live while your godly brothers and sisters were in your father's stomach. Where were you when they needed you then? If you're so loyal to the gods, why didn't you save them?" I answer back calmly.

He looks flabbergasted, then his expression hardens. "You're his grandson. You could turn out to be like him."

I scoff and roll my eyes. "Like that would ever happen. Didn't go through so much to join him now. 'Sides, if I was keen on helping out my corrupted grandfather, I'd be resurrecting him at the moment, not being dragged around by Lady Artemis. I've been on the final mission of my life for the past half a year, kill every monster I can get to."

Chiron narrows his eyes. "Do you even know how to resurrect him?"

"'Course I do. Find some evil bitch or bastard with huge amounts of power to collect the biggest pieces of him then find some spell to put him back together. Reawaken the telkhines to reforge his scythe again and then raise all the dead Titans. Maybe even the Giants. Try to get great grandmother Queen Dirt Face to wake up from the slumber I put her in. Maybe call on Tartarus to release all the monsters he's got. Find some ancient monsters and wake 'em up, maybe get 'ole Typhon to wake up and wreak havoc again. Possibly convert some demigods and gods like before. You know, basically everything I have stopped before. But I'm not in the least bit interested, so, you're all safe. Besides, as much as I like watching Kronos die, I don't feel like reawakening him just to beat the crap out of a guy who'll never learn his lesson." I say.

They all stare at me.

"What?" I hold up my right hand. "It's not like I don't pay attention during my catastrophic years. Jeez, give me some credit for acting points. I'm not a happy guy. Dying inside was the last straw. It's all out there for you to see. Woohoo."

Chiron zeroes in on my left arm. "What happened to your left arm?"

I place my right hand on the border and push through with ease. They all go wide eyed. "Like you care." I spit bitterly at him.

"H-how d-did you?" Chiron stammers.

"Oh please. You really think I couldn't get past your runt spell? You're a novice compared to other monsters. Funny, aren't you related? That must suck. I hate knowing that it's true but I'll say it this once to renovate your memory there old horse, most powerful demigod to ever live standing right in front of you. Pure hearted and loyal to a fault. I'm pure and innocent there idiot, those wards don't work on me. Plus, I'm dying, the border won't keep me out. I suggest you open your eyes wide and never shut them, for you've been blind for a long time." I start walking down the hill and the hunters and Artemis follow me.

"Why didn't you walk through before? How come it wouldn't let you in when I teleported?" Artemis fires at me.

I look straight ahead as I answer. "Because I don't want to be in the place that broke my heart and soul. The border was following my wishes. Congratulations, I'm back."

"I'm sorry." Artemis whispers.

"No, you're not. No one is and no one ever will be. I'll tough it out just like I always do. Stay here before you cause anymore trouble, my lady. I'll find the males we have come for." I increase my pace and they all stand by the pavilion.

I storm into the Apollo cabin and locate Will.

"How the hell did you get into camp?!" An older guy exclaims.

"Shut your trap sun spawn. Let's go, Will." I grab him by the collar of his shirt and soon he's keeping pace with me, silent until I'm done.

I slam the door open into the Hephaestus cabin and get the same reception, but with fire. Leo blasts me with it in anger and rage, I put Will behind me so I take the brunt of it, more like all of it. Leo just looks at me in shock.

"One, fire resistant dumbass. Two, Jake move it or lose it bro." I say and Jake runs out after me.

I kick down the door to the Hermes cabin. "What in the Hades is the traitor doing here?" Chris growls.

"Watch it, Rodriguez. I could say the same for you. At least Luke redeemed himself instead of hiding behind the excuse of insanity. I saved your ass. Be grateful prick. Stolls, get your asses moving. We're leaving. May the gods curse this wretched place." I snarl.

Thunder rumbles overhead threateningly and the Hermes campers look at me in fear.

I lead my four friends back to Artemis and her hunters.

"Why are you shirtless and blackened like you've walked through hellfire?" Will asks once we are with the girls.

"It's called death by the most fatal of all great faults. I'm dying Solace. My fatal flaw is self inflicted when it goes wrong. Lady Athena was right, my flaw is going to get me killed." I explain.

"Percy." Artemis starts.

"Fine I accept your apology my lady. You gods are never sorry. You push and push and push until we have nothing left and then when you want to do something for us, it's only because something is coming. Think you can give me a life? What kind of life can I have that will heal me? Can you answer me that? Just give my last friends here lives to live and let me die like I'm supposed to. That'll be just fine with me." I respond.

"No, I truly am sorry." She stops me with a hand on my chest.

"Not a quality any god or goddess possesses. I don't believe you." I tell her darkly.

"No, it's the truth. You must believe me. Where is your faith?" She gets in my face.

"Fading away just like my soul. My heart has blackened along with the rest of me. Stay away or your purity will be corrupted. Last warning. Good day, Lady Artemis." I tell her dangerously and vapor travel away onto a beach in France.

Screams fill the air and people start swarming me. I don't speak French but they keep trying to get me to lie down. Several are on their phones and I hear sirens in the distance after a while. Paramedics surround me and try to get me onto an ambulance before I run away. Once I'm out of sight, I vapor travel to a more private beach in San Francisco.

I sit and stare out at the vibrant color. My dad knows what's happening to me. He has the same fatal flaw and knows the price one pays when he loses the ties that made him who he is. He cannot do a thing to stop it. The setbacks are truly fatal. The draws are a curse. It is the best fatal flaw to have. But it is also the worst.

He leaves me be like I want. He knows that it's important for me. He would do the same if this happened to him.

I watch the calming waters and an idea forms in my head. I look at the horizon and see that I still have time.

I vapor travel to Mt. Othrys. I uncap Anaklusmos for the last time and grip it hard. "Zoë, I know I'll die, but please forgive me. It's time I took my place at their sides down in the Underworld. Perseus Jackson is finally going to die and by his own choice." I start the climb to get up to the enclave of the garden.

What do you think so far? PJO/HOO is owned by the awesome Rick Riordan. Good day, my lovely readers.