Chapter Fourteen

Hello there my lovely readers!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter Fourteen: The Rescue Of Sorts And The White Flag

Point of View: Third Person

~Two Months Later~

Katharos, Tartarus, and Khione stand on the crest of Half-Blood Hill, Tartarus holding a white flag of truce.

"What do you want, Khione?" Katharos turns his bored yet steely gaze on her. 

"Oh, you mean you don't want your girlfriend back, Percy?" She asks innocently, adding a sickeningly seet tone to his name.

A Laistrygonian drags Annabeth forward, keeping her from struggling in her bonds and gag. She tries to tell Katharos something, but it comes out as, "Mmm sshsm hhm ummum."

"Just shut it, child." Katharos snaps lazily.

"No love between you then? No sparks rekindled?" Tartarus booms with laughter.

"I'm married and my wife is with child. If I really wanted to be with Annabeth I would have stuck around or died a long time ago. I don't really care about the girl. You can have her if you want." Katharos shrugs. "She's your problem now and I am tired of her ego. I do not have a use for her. She's all yours, if you want her."

Khione scowls and shoves Annabeth forward towards Katharos, who catches her and steadies her, but lets go as soon as she's stable. "Great, now I'm stuck with her." 

"I don't like her. She's not useful at all." Tartarus growls.

"I found that out a while ago. Being down in that wretched place really screwswith your brain cells, doesn't it. Oh, wait." Katharos chuckles. "You are that place, so you have no brain cells."

Tartarus snarls. "Watch your tongue, boy."

"Maybe. I'm not really woried unless you want to break the meaning of that flag there." katharos nods at the white flag in the Primordial's hand.

Tartarus huffs. "Fine. We will see you in a month, Guardian."

"Very well." Katharos agrees and bows his head slightly in acceptance.

Khione steps forward and lays a hand on the thick muscle of Katharos's arm. "You know, you look a lot more appealing than you did before."

Katharos chuckles good naturedly. "I'm sure. I am much different than I was. You'll find out soon enough."

Khione hums in response before flashing off with Tartarus.

Katharos turns to Annabeth and takes out his knife, scaring the minor immortal, but she relaxes when he only cuts her bonds and removes the gag from her mouth. He returns the blade and begins t owalk, talking as he does. "What did you learn?"

"Not much else. There isn't much to say. Khione isn't someone for war, she just wants power and a throne. She figures have enough troops to overpower the demigods and it'll all be hers if she releases Typhon to fight the gods. Tartarus may be skilled in combat, but he is no war general, just a fighter. He would rather be on the front lines than command an entire army. It's a straight on frontal assault. There isn't much to it." Annabeth admits.

"Lovely. How was your stay in the cave?" Katharos replies as they rejoin the others.

Annabeth scowls at him but answers grudingly. "Enlightening."

"Delightful. I am turning in for the day." Katharos says, walking into a guest room in the Big House.

That's it for now, my lovely readers! Carry on!