Chapter Fifteen

Sorry, yes, yes, I know. School starts in like eight hours for me, maybe less, so I am trying to type a ton. First day! See you a lot in the next few hours, my lovely readers!

Chapter Fifteen: Final Battle

Point of View: Third Person

As the wind blows over deserted Manhattan, Katharos watches from the front lines, scanning the the ends of the streets he can see down for the enemy. After a little while, his atiece is rewarded and some of the demigods beside him begin to back away.

"Stand your ground." Katharos says sternly and they hurry back to their positions. "This is not the end for Olympus, this is a childish fight. These monsters are small fry compared to those that still have not reformed from the last war."

"B-but it-it's been foreversince then. Why aren't they back?" A kid beside him stammers out.

"Fate, child. It is on our side today." Katharos answers.

"How do you know?" Someone else asks.

"I can feel it." He replies.

When Tartarus stops one hundred feet away from the front lines of the Olympus army, he speaks and tries to taunt Katharos. "What general fights on the front lines? Do you have no intelligence?"

"The kind that is able to stand shoulder to shoulder with those under his command and would die for them, hoping they would do the same. I never said I wasn't smart, just that I am unafraid of battle and death. If I die, then I die defending my home." Katharos responds easily.

Tartarus frowns. "You would die?"

"Yes." Katharos nods.

"You are a fool." A sneering voice sounds from behind Tartarus, Khione steps forward.

"A lovestruck fool, yes." Katharos smirks. "On the other hand, you have no room to talk." Katharos taps his spear butt against the shield of the person behind him, signalling for the first wave. Sending it through the ranks to the participants of it.

"Why do you defend them when they are the ones who desecrated your honor?" Tartarus spits. "It's disgracful."

"I am a forgiving entity. I will never befriend them again nor will I do more than tolerate them, ever, but I will eventually forgive all of their sins. You stand in my way." Katharos tells him.

"Fire at will!" The crying command sounds from all around in the buildings, the signal getting through to the messengers, who use the light of the moon to reflect it in the mirrors.

Arrows rain down upon the monster forces and after two huge waves that wipe out several lines, the monsters begin to advance on the ground soldiers. Then the next surprise comes, traps of all kinds spring upeverywhere. Greek fire rampaging through the few monster ranks that do not get away in time, poisons that race through their systems, Celestial Bronze and Imperial Gold ripping some monsters to shreds, and many, many other havoc wreaking traps that decimate a good part of the enemy army.

Then, when the monsters come near the demigods and Katharos, Katharos calls out, "Form!" Everyone in the first two lines creates a two-tiered wall to hold back the monsters, taking the brunt of the force. This allows the archers in the buildings another chance to do even more damage while their side is more protected, not that they'd miss their targets. Once the wall starts to get less and less useful, Katharos shouts out another command. "Advance!" The first line advances with lances, javelins, and spears while the second line comes up behind them with swords, the other lines waiting for the right moment.

Katharos tears through the monster ranks faster than anybody, even though from his small amount of training, they advance quickly enough, sustaining minor injuries. Whoever falls is surrounded by allies immediately and protected until another groupcan come to their aid and get the wounded demigod to safety.

By time Katharos gets to Khione and Tartarus, the monsters are all nearly gone. The demigods begin to finish off the army while Katharos faces Tartarus and Khione. Tartarus summons a huge battleaxe while Khione zips around at high speeds.

Katharos waits for it and the nlashes out with his spear, using Khione's momentum against her and catapulting her towards the gods, where Athena and Artemis chain her in Olympian Silver. Katharos knows that Tartarus will be more of a challenge, Khione is no fighter and relis on her powers far too much to remain in a fight for long.

As Tartarus charges with his axe, Katharos sinks into a stance that frightens the gods. It is ancient and it is deadly and only one other person could pull it off, just barely. Katharos uses his long reach, coordinating it with his strength and speed to offset Tartarus's charge, whirling so fast Tartarus has a hard time keeping up with the Guardian. His style makes Tartarus uneasy, not believing what he is seeing with his own eyes.

"Where did you learn?" Tartarus dmands from Katharos as they fight, hardly managing to divert Katharos's spear, being blocked by the shield Katharos uses.

"Myself." Katharos growls and his spear piercs Tartarus's side, but Tartarus wrenches the spear awayfrom Katharos, making the primordial grin victoriously, only to frown when Katharos holds up the now weaponless hand. "Bind this evil spirit to his home, his suffering is many eons to come. Start a cycle of repent, only by forgiveness may it relent. By the ways of the Ancients is his undoing, spring forth his rueing." Katharos's eyes glow white. "Now, be imprisoned, Tartarus, Primordial of the Pit and Punishment, slumber for all eternity and never return."

Tartarus's eyes widen and the ground starts to suck him in. "No!" He screams repeatedly, but ultimately cannot escape from the magic Katharos used. Katharos grabs his spear from where it sticks into the pavement and turns to the gods.

"What did you do?" Artemis inquires.

Katharos sighs and leans on his spear. "The same thing that the Fates cast upon Gaea a very long time ago. Only this time, Tartarus won't ever reawaken like she did. He won't come back. Much like his wife, he is sinking into an eternal slumber. One he will never wake up from. You are safe from him and you have the traitor in your hands. What you do with her is your decision, not mine. I will return to the Garden of the Hesperides. Goodbye, Olympians."

Zeus is reinstated after Katharós speaks for him, saying it is best he learns by example as he watches Hades rule instead of ruling himself. Only allowed ruling when Hestia and Hades thinks he is ready and if the Fates agree to it.

Three weeks later, Phoebe's water breaks.

After five hours, Zoe comes out from the maze of a garden and looks worried. "The baby is breach. I don't know how to help her. Lady Artemis would be able to help. I thought she would be here. Didn't you send for her?"

"The baby is a whole two weeks early, Zoe and no I haven't informed her because i have been pacing out here worried to death." Percy throws his hands in the air.

Zoe sighs and pats his shoulder as she prays to Artemis, who appear right away in a bright silver flash. She looks excited. "She's having it?!"

"Yes, but it is breach, can you please help?" Zoe implores.

Percy resumes pacing as they go back to Phoebe, ending up with him waiting another two hours. But eventually he hears someone cal for him. He flits into the garden and to his wife. He doesn't even notice the little miracle in her arms as he panics at her pained face. "Are you okay?" He asks, worried half to death.

Phoebe grins and holds up the little bundle of joy, wrapped in silver blankets. Percy's eyes have a nervous light as he reaches for his daughter. But once she's in his arms, she has him wrapped around her little finger. His whole world shifts and the warmest of smiles graces his lips. He looks down at Phoebe, who looks very tired. He helps her to their room while she holds Elizabeth. Phoebe falls asleep against him after he tucks her in. He holds Elizabeth with one arm while his other one cradles his daughter.

"My little Angel." Percy whispers and the nkisses the top of Phoebe's head.

That's it for this story, my lovely readers!