Chapter One

Gambling was something that was never a concern to you. You could empty your entire pockets onto the green felt of a poker table with no worry, and every time you did, you would leave the casino with more than you entered with.

Why?

Because you were a cheater! A scummy, pockets up sleeve, weighted dice cheater. You could bet all the money in the world without a second thought, confident in your skills.

Sure, you got kicked out of a few casinos. Permanently banned as well. But you always managed to get out with the money, and you were always able to find a new casino to rob or a new poor fellow with a gambling addiction to take advantage of.

Idiots. All of them were. 

Your next victim was a nation under the name of Las Nevadas. It had been on your mind for a while, considering the nation was centered around a huge ass casino that sat right in the middle. The only thing that kept you away from it was the sketchy SMP it was a part of. You had heard of the Dream SMP countless times - it was a hot topic. A land of unstable men who had a few stacks too many of tnt. The ground bore the scars of war that would make any traveller weary of stepping foot over its borders.

Las Nevadas seemed fairly new, too. The few newspaper articles you could find on it didn't have many details, other than the fact that its numbers and liveliness was surprising for how young the nation was. It didn't even mention who ran the place, which would put you down a peg - you always knew who you were working with. The pictures of the city didn't do it justice, though. Comparing the image you cut out from the paper to the real thing as you stood under the sign was... surprising, to say the least.

The city was gorgeous. Hot from the desert it was built in, yes, but absolutely gorgeous. The lights coming from the buildings and streets lit up everything in front of you and drowned out the stars that no doubt would have been shining just as brightly. People were walking in and out of the casino doors that stood wide open.

You took a deep breath in and out and smoothed down the sleeves of your blazer that you wore over your dress before beginning to walk into the nation, letting it's noises envelop you as you approached the busy building. Some people glanced at you as you walked past, but it was never in a suspicious way. Just curious. Sizing you up and trying to read your skills based on the way you walked, on the way you held yourself. You gave everyone you passed a tight lipped smile before walking up the casino steps and into the building.

It was as big as it was loud. The sounds of slot machines rang out above the chatter, there was a jazz band playing on a stage somewhere, and everyone in the casino was busy doing something. Whether it be mourning over their hurting pockets or drowning themselves in scotch, the energy radiating off of the crowd was more overwhelming than all of the past casino's you've been to.

The stacked cards pressed against your wrist and held against your skin with a thin wire felt electric. You couldn't be more ready to rob this place's patrons of everything they had to their name.

It didn't take long to find yourself a game of poker to worm your way into.

By the time you got a glass of red wine at the bar, the table had two empty chairs left in front of the dealer. You sat down next to a man with a pair of red and blue sunglasses on your left and the other empty chair on your right. You took a sip of your wine, glancing around at the rest of the occupants surrounding the table.

No one joined the seat next to you for a couple minutes.

"Are we waiting for someone?" You asked, unsure as to why the game hadn't started when there were more than enough players.

The dealer, a woman with pink hair and a sharp blue eyed gaze looked at you. "We're waiting for Quackity. He wanted to play on the floor tonight," she replied, looking away from you and back down at the deck she was shuffling.