Chapter Two + Authors Note

Authors Note

Thanks you guys so much for the support on ch1!! This is the first 'x reader' I've written in a few years, so bear with me on some parts. I'm very proud of the storyline I have so far and how I'm setting it up at the moment.

I'm going to be including trigger warnings in chapters beforehand when triggering stuff happens, but overall, trigger warning for smoking, drinking, mentions of torture, mentions of divorce and domestic abuse, and abuse in general. Your mental health comes before anything!!

My twitter is @luvrjoys. I post writing snippets and updates frequently on there if you guys wanted to spare a follow :)

Apologies if it's a bit of a shorter chapter, and if updates are a lil spaced out. I've started school and I do also have a job - I don't have as much free time to write as I did during the summer :( But I hope you like the story so far :D

Enjoy this chapter! 

-

You slept peacefully in Las Nevadas that night.

The bed was comfortable, your room was warm, and the clothes that were dropped off for you were cozy. You took a shower before you got into them, and while you let the water run over you, you pretended you were home. When you fell asleep, you pretended you were in your own bed.

But you woke up in the casino.

You weren't homesick or anything. In fact, this suite was better than your bedroom back in your little home. It was big and the window had the same view as Quackity's office, with a big low sitting couch in front of it. It was like you had scored a free room in a five star hotel, except the room was locked from the outside and you were being held like a hostage with no end in sight.

You watched as the sun came over Las Nevadas, your legs curled up beside you on the couch. The view was as gorgeous in the morning as it was at night. You were distracted from the view by the threats Quackity gave last night in his office, but now that you were alone, you were able to take in the beauty of the city in full. It was a nation that was just waking up, just as you did. You wondered if Quackity was awake yet, or either of the scary bodyguards from last night.

Your question was answered when you heard a knock on the door.

"Are you decent?"

You looked down at the pajamas you were still wearing. For a split second, you caught yourself feeling a bit embarrassed at how Quackity would see you in a state like this, but shut down that embarrassment immediately. There was no reason to be embarrassed. Plus, you haven't been given anything else to wear yet, and Sam had taken your clothes to dry clean.

Oddly hospitable.

"Yeah. You can come in," You responded, turning around to look behind you as the door opened.

Quackity came in with a cup of coffee and a set of clothing draped over his arm. He was donning the same clothes as last night, but obviously a new set. The shirt he was wearing last night had light pink blotches while this one was a crisp new white.

"Goodmorning, Y/n. How'd you sleep?" he asked and came around the couch, sitting beside you and handing you the cup of coffee.

"I slept okay," You responded as you took the mug, holding it and giving it a tentative and suspicious sniff.

Quackity smiled at you. "You don't have to be scared. It's not poisoned," he chuckled quietly.

You took his word and took a drink, savoring the sip. The coffee was rich and creamy, and matched the expensiveness the casino and it's founder wore.