Chapter Eight

Enjoy ;)

-

Nights in Quackity's suite were always peaceful. It always smelt good and it was always comfortably warm, He would occasionally let you wear a jacket of his, and he would always let you choose the records.

Dancing wasn't a habit you two had, but one night, for whatever reason, you found yourself slow dancing with him in the kitchen without a song in the background. His hands were wrapped around your waist and kept you pulled close while your arms draped over his shoulders and you kept your face buried in his neck. He smelt of sun and tobacco, and the occasional whiff of gunpowder you would occasionally get was absent. His skin was warm against you, and his arms around your waist were strong and safe. He hummed a soft song to you to fill the absence of a record, his hums smooth and quiet, just meant for you.

"What song are you singing, Q?" You asked him, his song pausing after you voiced your question. His thumb rubbed the base of your back for a second before he responded.

"I dunno. I made it up," he laughed a bit, his laugh raspy and golden. "You like?"

You smiled and gave the base of his neck a soft kiss, lingering against his warm skin for a second before you put the side of your head against his shoulder, looking at the dark sky outside the window.

"Yeah, Q, I do."

-

"What the FUCK did you guys do?"

You had never heard Quackity yell like that. His anger was plain as day the second he stepped off the moving bridge, but the way he stalked up to you and Sam made you hurriedly step back. For one panicked moment, after seeing the gruesome display of his actions, you were scared he would swing the pickaxe at you.

Your fear was as evident as his anger, and for once, it was clear that he wasn't putting your emotions before his.

You found yourself unable to talk, your words blocked in your throat from terror, confusion, and panic from what had just happened. Sam, on the other hand, was much more composed, but just as panicked, confused, and scared as you were.

"I don't - I don't fucking know, Quackity - How - How the hell -"

"Sam, they're both gone - FUCKING DO SOMETHING!" Quackity shouted, throwing his pickaxe onto the floor with a loud clang. He whirled around and looked back at the empty cell with his hands in his hair - his beanie had fallen off during the small tussel - and stood there for a moment, his shoulders rising and falling as he breathed. He stood quiet for a moment while you and Sam stood behind him. You stood in frozen terror, and Sam stood in shock.

Quackity looked back at you two for a second before incredulously laughing. "What the fuck did I say? Fucking look for them!" He laughed angrily, snapping his fingers and pointing towards the hall. You turned and looked at Sam, watching him pick his sword off the floor and scamper into the guard's fast tunnel, slamming his fist on a button on the way out. The button sounded an alarm that was almost ear shattering, but you couldn't find it in yourself to cover your ears. You gripped your sword with white knuckles when you turned back to face Quackity.

"How the hell did he get out, Y/n?"

There was no doubt that he was still angry, but his tone was quiet and steady instead of the shouts he was delivering only seconds ago. Somehow, this was scarier.

"I don't know, Alex. We're on the same page here. They just vanished," You replied, trying to match his even tone and not show how much you were shaking. It was hard, honestly. This was the first time you ever found yourself genuinely scared in front of him. This one was different from the first time.