Chapter Seven

Writing my own lore from here on out. Nothing from here on is canon, unless I accidentally predict something ;)

This chapter also has given me time to write A LOT abt Techno and Dream. I'm obsessed with how I wrote this.

Trigger warnings for graphic torture. Okay bye bye lmk what you think :)

-

"Why doesn't he remember me?"

"Did he forget me on purpose?"

"Did I do something wrong?"

"Is it my fault?"

Quackity cried for hours in your arms last night. You just laid in bed as he laid on your chest and cried, voicing his worries and questions between his sobs. He cried himself to sleep that night, and you laid there, wondering if this would change anything between you two. It was selfish thinking, but it was uncontrollable. The words he cried echoed in your head, and it made it easy to space out as you stared at the lava bubbling in front of you.

Sam snapped. "Hey. Don't tell me we're back to square one, Y/n," he chuckled, slight annoyance braided between the words of his joke.

You blinked and looked at him for a moment and shook your head, pushing some of your hair back from your face. "Yeah. I just... It was a long night last night. Long night," you murmured, furrowing your eyebrows back at the lava. "When is Quackity visiting?"

"Soon," Sam responded, turning back to the switch board he was adjusting. He slid a cartridge in with a click, his eyes crinkling with a smile that was hidden by his mask. He slid the switchboard back into the obsidian wall and stood, handing you a key card. "There. You have a key to the main vault now, in case anything happens. Me and you are the only guards on duty right now, so if Technoblade tries to pull anything, you'll be able to get over there," Sam told you, watching you pocket the key card. "Most of Technoblade's strength lies in his weapons and armor, though - while he is strong, he can't strangle someone in full netherite with able weapons. You don't have any reason to worry, and I doubt anything will come of this. If anything, Quackity will get revenge on what Technoblade did to him."

You looked down at your hands, not realizing they had been trembling. You flexed them into fists for a moment, feeling your cheeks heat up before nodding. "Okay. Sorry."

Sam's black eyes crinkled again, his green tail swishing behind him. "Don't apologize. It's natural to be nervous. It's the same feeling I got every time someone visited him before this - this is just your first time experiencing it. You're okay. It'll be okay."

You were grateful for Sam and the relationship you developed with him. At first, he was a hardass guard that was intimidating and borderline rude to you. But, after working with him for around five months and getting to know him beyond Sam the Warden, you found out that he was sweet, a hard worker, and genuinely cared for and wanted to protect the people around him. You quickly became one of the people he looked out for - he would wait outside of the prison for you to arrive for your shifts, and he gave you time off whenever you asked because he knew how hard you worked. This job almost started to feel like a real job you liked, and not a job you had to do to pay off a debt you caused because you cheated.

You didn't regret cheating, though. Where would you be right now if you hadn't done it?

"It'll be okay," you echoed, returning a smile. The sound of a vault door opening behind you made you jump, your nerves already too high strung to handle a sudden noise.

You turned and watched Quackity step into the room, the purple armor he donned shimmering in the dark setting. It cast an ominous shadow onto Quackity's face that was slightly unnerving. You haven't seen Quackity like this for the past three months, and you weren't sure if you'd ever get used to the headspace he slipped into when he visited the prison. It was such a drastic shift from the Quackity you got used to. It was like he put on a mask whenever he stepped near Dream and Technoblade's shared vault.