Chapter Six

Trigger warning for smoking, mention of abuse, mention of self harm, and blasphemous talk..

(This is where I start making my own lore. Hope you enjoy :])

-

The next few months went by faster than you wanted them to.

You and Quackity existed in the closest thing you could get to domestic bliss - it didn't take long for you to move into his suite permanently. The days after were filled with things you've dreamed of as a child - slow dancing in the kitchen by the refrigerator light, sitting on the balcony and enjoying the sunset over glasses of wine, you combing through his feathers and him braiding your hair in return... It was something you wouldn't trade for the world.

With Technoblade in prison, Quackity seemed like he was finally comfortable in so many ways that he visibly wasn't before. He laughed, smiled, and joked way more than when you met him. He wore more comfortable clothes with his wings out around the casino. You watched his relationship with his workers become more and more positive - Purpled no longer was passive aggressive with him, Tubbo looked happy when he was working with him, and even Sam would joke around a bit more as time went on. The casino you started in changed drastically as it's biggest threat was finally locked away forever.

Quackity didn't have to go to the prison anymore, as he had promised Dream that he would stop his visits for a long time. As a result, Sam gave you a few weeks off to spend with Quackity.

The two of you spent a lot of time in a garden near the chapel he had Foolish build for Las Nevadas. Quackity never specified who it was meant for, but it was pretty clear based on what you heard before.

You wondered if you two would ever be getting married here.

Was it too early to think about this?

Probably.

You peaked over the book you were reading and looked at Quackity, watching as he sat on the cement and plucked the weeds that infested the flower beds. He was wearing a pair of cargo shorts and a tank top, the fabric of the shirt low enough so his beautiful wings could drape out across the warm concrete. The yellow feathers looked like liquid gold in the desert sun.

You smiled from the hammock he set up for you and looked back down at your book.

This was peaceful and happy. You wished you could stay here forever.

You heard footsteps coming up the stone pathway. You assumed it would be Sam or Foolish, like normal, but you watched Quackity stand up from the corner of your eye and his wings tuck in close to him, closer to him than you've ever seen them.

"What do you want?"

You looked up from your book to see who he was talking to.

The man that stood in front of him was a few inches taller. His hair was black and held out of his face with a white headband, a few loose strands on his forehead. His eyes were bold and dark as they looked down at Quackity, and his shoulders and back were broad and strong. There was a dark purple and shimmering sword on his hip as well as a bow and arrow on his back, yet he was wearing no armor. It was like he came looking for a fight but wanted to be defeated.

"Quackity, I just want ten minutes with you. Please," Sapnap spoke, his voice calm and warm. You didn't expect Quackity's ex-fiance to sound like this. It surprised you a bit.

"I can't. I'm with Y/n right now. Schedule a time through Sam or something," Quackity responded, making no move to sit back down. He looked tense as he stared up at Sapnap, but you couldn't see his face - only his back. You could only imagine what was on his face and Sapnap reached out and grabbed his shoulders, bowing his head forward.