Chapter Three

Trigger Warning for the following
Torture, descriptions of gore, mentions of suicidal thoughts, pleading for death

Quackity spent the rest of that day explaining the elaborate and fucked up history of the land you now lived in. After learning about it all, your first thought was insane it was that so many people sounded like they solved all of their issues with tnt. Did people just not know how to talk about their problems and solve shit before causing more and ruining the surrounding environment?

Your next thought was about how many... kids had gotten roped into the quarrels of adults. How there was a child who was a president, a child who was thrown out of his own home multiple times, and another one who had his home blown up. Quackity didn't tell you how - said it was unrelated to the story and just a mild spat that happened years ago, a spat that was long blown over. But still. That shouldn't have happened.

"Y/n, are you even listening to me right now?" Sam asked, snatching you out of your haze.

You blinked, looking down at your employer. You were too distracted with the stories Quackity told you yesterday that you had completely spaced out. It was warm in here, too. It made you wanna curl up and take a nap somewhere safe. The sounds the structure made were scary, though. You two were in the lobby, with him sitting at the desk and you standing in front of him. He had a book open on his desk and had an annoyed eyebrow raised at you.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't. Sorry," You apologized profusely.

Sam, instead of saying that it was okay, simply sighed and looked back down at his book. "I am going to ask you a series of questions for you to answer honestly. We'll treat this first day as a prison visit - which is what it will be. I want you to meet Dream and know who you'll be protecting - you're not only reinforcing his capture, but you're also protecting him from being hurt by anyone who isn't permitted."

Your eyebrows furrowed. "People are permitted to hurt him?" You asked, confused at the wording.

Sam looked up at you again, quiet before shrugging. "You'll figure it out within the next couple days. Just get ready to answer the questions, alright?"

You nodded.

Sam began to speak.

"When, if ever, was the last time you visited the prison?"

"Quackity and I rode by it yesterday, but I didn't go in. This is my first time being here," You replied, folding your hands behind your back. The anti-thermal clothes that Quackity had given you this morning made your body overall a lot less hot than it would be, but the back of your neck still felt hot and you could definitely still feel the heat hugging close. It made you grateful for the uniform and made you wonder how hot it would be without.

Sam nodded and scrawled down your response before continuing. "Where is your place of residence currently located?"

"Las Nevadas."

More writing, and more questions.

"Do you believe that the prisoner is deserving of being locked up?"

You nodded without hesitation. "Oh, yeah. After hearing what he did to all you people? He doesn't deserve anything but imprisonment, in my opinion."

"Do you have any prior relations with the prisoner?"

"No. I've never been here, let alone near him."

Sam fell quiet as he wrote down your responses. How long was this gonna take?

"Are you willing to submit to any and all physical examinations while in the prison?"

Your eyebrows furrowed. "Do I have to go through that if I'm gonna work here?" you asked. You didn't know what physical examinations entailed, and as the questions went on, this seemed more and more like a sketchy idea. You heard about how dangerous Dream was, but