thirtyseven, telling him

TELLING HIM?

"sophie, i have a problem." riley practically slammed the door to sophie's apartment open and crashed down on the couch. she groaned and waited for sophie to come and sit next to her.

"first of all, hello. second of all, you okay?" sophie put down her cup of tea and closed the door that riley didn't bother closing.

"clearly not!" she threw her hands up in the air and then back in her hair. "i am i dumb piece of shit who did a stupid thing."

by now riley had been lying down on her stomach with her arms stretched out next to her body, like she was some sort of starfish.

"oh god, what did you do?" sophie rubbed her head, knowing it could've been anything, seeing it was riley who she was talking to.

"it's not that i did something, it's more like i felt something. i fucking hate myself and i'm sorry for what i'm about to tell you." riley took a dramatic breath before speaking up, only for sophie to finish her exact thoughts out loud.

"you love timothée, i know." sophie smiled and patted riley on the head before grabbing her tea again.

the brown haired girl swiftly stood up on the sofa and melodramatically pointed towards her friend as if she was a character straight out of a soap opera.

"how did you know?" her face turned into a frown out of confusion.

riley clearly seemed to have forgotten about two night before, when sophie had already figured out the matter.

"don't you remember the day before yesterday when i told you i knew you loved timmy. he loves you too, ri. i just know he does."

"but aren't you mad at me? he was your boyfriend and now i've ruined it. i'm so sorry. i should've never shown my feelings for him. oh god im so stup-"

"riley, you didn't ruin anything. i never loved timothée. if anything, i almost ruined it if i would've continued dating him. you should tell him you love him, riley."

in fact everyone could see riley and timothée loved each other except them. they were perfect for each other.

"you're right. i do love him. i love him so much i can't wait anymore. i have to tell him." with that she sprinted out the apartment as if she was in a movie where the main character had suddenly had a realization.

after about ten seconds the door opened again and riley quickly gave sophie a kiss on the cheek before taking off again.