fourteen, permanent

PERMANENT

IMESSAGE
[ jackson + riley ]

ry
jackson, can you do smth for me?

jackie
yeah ofc, what is it?

ry
can order three pizza's for lunch? do liam's favorite. he's staying over and were gonna cheer him up

jackie
aye aye captain, i'm on it

ry
thank you sm jackson, ur the best

-

the two friends arrived at the apartment. riley carried liam's stuff, knowing he'd do the same for her if it were her.

the car ride consisted of sobs and tears. but riley and liam were there for each other. that was all that mattered at the moment.

even though liam had been crying for over two hours, it felt like  a weight had been lifted of his chest. he was going to temporarily live with riley and jackson. he didn't have to be scared anymore. he had them. forever.

-

INSTAGRAM
@tchalamet just made a post

liked by rileymaguire and 2,588,466 others

[ tagged: rachelthompson ]
tchalamet perfect day for a picnic w this one

rachelthompson HOE put you phone down and finish your wrap
tchalamet it's disgusting

rileymaguire u guys are literally the coolest

username1 NOO I SHIP TIMLEY
username2 stfu get over it

kimberlyhayes mmhm okay we see u😌💅🏼

username3 shippp

armiehammer another one? timothée u gotta chill

rosieee omg rachel, maybe you'll get to taste the peach soon
tchalamet ROSIE ISTG U GOTTA STOP
rachelthompson rosie ur disgusting

username4 y'all who are commenting timley, stfu. riley and liam are wayyyy cuter
username5 guys, trust me when i say, riley and liam are so in love
username6 they are obv endgame
jacksonmatthews wait, this actually makes sense

jacksonmatthews this is actual goals

sophiegrace omg yess!! finally my ship is going on another date

username7 imagine everyone in the group having kids and they're gonna tell the story of who dated who💀
rileymaguire it'll be the biggest mess in history

-

timothée's instagram post was definitely unexpected. the last time timothée and rachel went on a date, riley was sobbing in her room for over an hour. but this time was different. she should've been feeling jealous, but she wasn't. she was actually happy for them, but she didn't know why.

she looked back and saw liam come out of the bathroom after he freshened up. he looked more comfortable and less scared than he did at his apartment.

riley waved her hand in her direction as a sign to come over to the couch. with slow pace, liam walked over to riley and sat down next to her. she smiled at him and started playing with his hair.

"you wanna talk about it?" she asked, not knowing if he'd be ready to open up just yet. "you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

"no, it's okay. i spoke to timothée earlier and he knows, so you should know too." he took a small breath to prepare himself for the conversation he was able to avoid for over three months. but they had to know. they were his best friends.

"the reason i haven't told you about the accident is that it was so traumatizing. but i'm ready to tell you."

riley looked at him and put her hand over his. "i'm here for you, you know that." she smiled and rubbed her thumb over his hand.

"so, you remember that i had to pick up a gift for my mom right?" liam asked, causing riley to nod. "i was just walking there and saw this man holding a gun. my first instinct was to walk away and call the police, but i was too late."

riley's eyes widened. she was shocked, and she probably knew where this story was gonna go.

"i ran away as fast as possible but he got me and shot me. three times. right here, here and here." he pointed at the spot where he'd been shot with his trembling hand.

riley noticed liam started shaking and his eyes were turning red. she immediately hugged him and stroked the back of his head. she heard him sniff and sob.

"i can still see it, riley."

the words broke her heart. she had no idea what happened, and it was even worse than she thought it would be. she couldn't even imagine the fear he had to live in.

"liam, you're coming to live with us. not just temporarily. permanent."

"ry, you don't have to do that. i don't want to bother you guys." liam smiled, but looked down.

"bother us? jackson and i have been talking about you living with us for the longest time. we want you to. you're our best friend, liam."

she looked at him and definitely felt something. there was something there. there always has been. but she didn't know if that feeling was mutual.

liam catched riley looking at his lips and a satisfied smirk appeared on his face. riley leaned in and she catched liam doing the same.

their lips collided. her hand ran through his hair, while he had his arms around her. the two paused for a moment and looked into each other's eyes, only to lean back in again.

they shared a soft, but passionate, lingering kiss, and just as they were about to pull away, they heard a sarcastic voice behind them. they turned their heads and saw jackson standing there with the pizza's in his hand.

"sorry guys, but i'm not really in the mood for an orgy right now."