fortyone, brutal and devastating

BRUTAL AND DEVASTATING

while driving as fast as she could, riley was bawling her eyes out, thinking about timothée and what could possibly be wrong. finally, she arrived at the apartment and she got out of the car straight away.

running towards she apartment, she approached the door and unlocked it to immediately go and take a look inside. she was more that confused when she saw that the light was turned off, which meant she couldn't see a thing since the blinds were closed as well.

"tim." she sobbed while looking around for him in the apartment.

"jackson, are you here?" she went on until she saw a figure standing a little further from her, causing her to startle a little.

"jackson is that you?" she asked carefully while wiping her tears away.

suddenly the light turned on, revealing a beautifully decorated room with rose petals and flowers everywhere. on the wall there were pictures of timothée and her together, some of which she'd never seen before. her confusion only increased by the sight of everything together.

finally, she saw timothée standing in front of her with a huge bouquet of flowers in his hands while wearing a dress suit which complemented his figure a lot.

"timmy?" she asked him with a puzzled face, still in shock after the call from jackson. "what's happening? what's all this? i thought something was wrong."

she just stood there in disbelieve, with her hand on her heart out of relief that he was okay.

"riles." timothée had formed a huge smile on his face while continuing to speak. "do you remember the first time you slept over at my apartment?"

the baffled girl just nodded and accepted whatever that was happening right now. her heart was beating speedily as she tried to process everything that was happening right now.

"we stayed up all night, talking about the future and i specifically remembered this one thing you told me just before we went to sleep."

riley started thinking about that night. it was a pretty long time ago, but she could still recall everything that happened that night. it was one of the best days in her life. she remembered it as the day where she first realized how in love with timothée she was.

the two had stayed up all night, talking about everything. their job. their insecurities. the things they loved. their biggest fears. kids. and lastly proposals. and that's when it finally hit her. she remembered what exactly it was that she said about that specific subject. that what was brought up in the friend group chat once.

her eyes went big and she looked up, seeing timothée smiling at her. "you said-" he began speaking, but his sentence was cut short by riley trying to finish it.

"when i get proposed to, i want it to be brutal and devastating"

those were the exact words she said that specific night and were also the exact words she was saying right now.

"you dick." she joked and smirked, not being able to hide her smile, because she knew what was about to happen. while timothée leaned down to put the bouquet on the floor, he got on one knee and grabbed something from his pocked. as suspected, it was a small box that he held in his hand, ready for it to be opened.

"riley maguire."

timothée and riley's smiles only grew wider with each second, because they couldn't hold it in any longer.

"i love you and i want to spend the rest of my life with you."

he opened the small box, revealing a beautiful ring with a subtle, but charming diamond on it.

"will you marry me?"

riley's face lit up as she looked at timothée full admiration. yes, the ring was absolutely stunning and she would probably never take it off in her life once she had it on, but she person holding it was way more important.

"yes!" she shouted as she couldn't hold it in any longer and basically jumped him to give him a hug. while giving him kissed all over his forehead, while he put the ring around her finger, more noises entered the living room, screaming together with riley.

all their friends were now standing there, ready to join in the hug to celebrate their friends' happiness, and quite frankly, also their own.

it was truly a happy day for everyone inside the old and familiar apartment.

the rest of the evening only consisted of laughter, food, drinking, smiling and just they happiest group of friends one could even imagine. no money could ever make them this happy. they didn't need anything else.

as long as they had each other.