𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜-𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗩𝗔𝗟

Eve's fingers danced nervously over the fabric of her favorite dress, a beautiful ensemble that blended black, white, and red in intricate patterns

Eve's fingers danced nervously over the fabric of her favorite dress, a beautiful ensemble that blended black, white, and red in intricate patterns. The black outerskirt with its elegant red bows, the white fabric adorned with floral designs, and the red accents on the front all came together to create a striking attire. As she prepared to set foot in Port Royal once again after four years, a mix of excitement and worry coursed through her veins.

The Governor had personally invited Eve to attend the celebration of James Norrington's promotion to Commodore. Although she had only caught a glimpse of him from afar in her younger years, as the Governor's second daughter, it was her duty to be present. While Swann wasn't her birth name, she had grown accustomed to being addressed by it over the years. She didn't dislike the name, but being a Swann came with its own set of expectations and pressures, as one might imagine.

"Miss Swann, we will soon dock," a lieutenant informed her, and she expressed her gratitude before making her way to the other side of the ship, where she could catch sight of the familiar surroundings. It seemed as though time had stood still in the four years she had been away. People were still bustling about in the same places, and she even recognized a few individuals who had their shops open. Her gaze then landed on two very familiar faces, instantly lighting up her expression and washing away much of the anxiety she had felt earlier.

Impatiently waiting for the ship to dock, Eve could hardly contain her excitement. As soon as it was safe, she dashed down the gangplank, her feet carrying her swiftly toward the people she considered her true family, even if she didn't verbalize it often. "Elizabeth!"

The two women embraced, their smiles conveying the depth of their bond, while Eve couldn't help but notice Elizabeth's struggle for breath. Concern etched across her face, she leaned close and whispered, her voice hushed for Elizabeth's ears alone. "Did they tighten your corset too much again?" Elizabeth nodded, and Eve sighed in annoyance, mentally reminding herself to loosen her own corset as soon as possible to avoid a similar fate. They separated, and Eve offered Elizabeth a reassuring smile before turning to greet the Governor. "It's been so long, Eve. How have you been?" he asked, wrapping her in a warm embrace. Standing before them, Eve beamed, her eyes sparkling. "It's been wonderful, actually. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in France! I've become quite fluent in French," she replied, excitement lacing her words.

"French? Oh, you never told us!" Elizabeth exclaimed, pretending to be miffed at Eve's lack of disclosure, which earned her a playful shoulder nudge. "You definitely have to share more about your adventures in France as we make our way to the ceremony!" the Governor chimed in, his smile warm and genuine. They settled into the carriage, catching up on Eve's experiences and accomplishments.

"Why did you decide to learn French, though? I've heard it's quite challenging," Elizabeth inquired, and Eve nodded in agreement. "Indeed, French can be quite difficult, especially the pronunciation. Although it wasn't an urgent necessity since many people there speak English fluently, I saw it as an opportunity worth seizing," she explained, her enthusiasm still evident.

The Governor glanced at both of them, a fatherly pride shining in his eyes. Despite Eve not being his biological daughter, he regarded her as his own, and he was delighted to see her happiness and hear about her adventures.