In Ireland (7)

AN. Importantish..... So idk how they got to Ireland I rlly can't figure it out, maybe by boat or something but  they're there AND YES THEY WILL BE IN ROMANIA but you'll have to wait.... There's gonna be some big events coming up and I chose Ireland as the country bc I live here so I thought it made sense. Plusss u can look up the places I mention.
OK back to the story...
****

Veronika POV
Bucky and I were now in Ireland, hoping that whatever was left of hydra  wouldn't find us. We stole a motorbike and we were now speeding through the busy streets of a place called Cork, I had my arms wrapped around bucky for steadiness and I could feel the cool air breezing through my hair. It was a weird feeling, being free. It was something I wanted to enjoy but it was hard to because I've never been free before. Ever.
Bucky parked the motorbike at a gas station so that we could go in.
We were inside looking at all the stuff they had. "€3 for a chocolate bar..." bucky said. "What's that?" I said nudging bucky and pointing my head toward a machine that was spinning around red and blue liquid. "I think they're slushies, we had these when I was young I think. But only at fairs or carnivals..." bucky answered. We looked at each other fora good 10 seconds before going outside and sitting on some benches. I took of the raggy old hoodie I was wearing to reveal a black tank top and piece of cloth wrapped around my upper left arm" What's up with the cloth? " bucky asked. "Just a weird looking scar I've got" I said back to him....
For a while we just sat there in silence, occasionally looking at each other. "We should go." bucky said and I nodded and got up and I decided to drive the motorbike.
We were back on the road and I kept feeling bucky budging and everytime he would his vibranium arm would hit against my rib bone, it felt like someone was throwing rocks at me but I didn't say anything because frankly it didn't hurt all that much and I didn't want him to feel bad about things.
We got caught in traffic and I took a moment to look at the view. I saw this amazing beach with golden sand and shiny water, with children playing and people tanning, that was what living was, that looked like the best thing ever.
The traffic drove by and eventually I pulled up behind an abandoned apartment building. It was a really sketchy place. It had hookers and drug dealers and homeless people.
There was about 30 apartments in the whole building and at the back entrance there was a jar full of around 10 keys, so bucky and I tried each of them out. As we were walking through the dusty halls with broken floor board there was a lot of women trying to flirt with bucky, asking if he wanted to come in their room. There was aslo a lot of people offering us drugs.

Soooo..... Some other people had the idea of staying in this old building. But it was okay because we found a room that worked for us and this was where we plan to be for a while.

"It's not too bad... " I say while looking around at the double bed with dusty comforters and looking at the kitchen with broken cabinet doors and the wallpaper that was peeling and growing mould "Better than a cell" I whisper under my breath loud enough for bucky to hear.
"That ocean was nice... Earlier" bucky continued "I wish I could go there but you know... You can't go to a beach wearing longsleeves and gloves huh" bucky joked. But I took it seriously. "We could go at night" I said looking up at him. "Yea" he said.
"What will we eat, that thrift shop didn't have a lot of money on the counter." I said. "I saw a market on the way here we could get food there." bucky said back.
So that's what we did. We didn't go on the motorbike we just walked there. I was wearing a denim jacket with a navy hoodie and jeans, bucky was wearing a jagedy leather jacket and old jeans. I had the bag on my back with about €15 in it for food. We got there and there was stalls selling fruit and cheese and bread and chocolate and vegetables and even hot food, I was weird to just be standing in front of people, doing nothing with no one looking at you.
Bucky and I bought fruit and vegetables and bread at the market, there was also free hot food samples which we got aswell. Obviously I know what food is and I've eaten food before obviously because if not I'd be dead but it was weird to get a choice and it was even weirder that the choices were actually good.

****
Bucky and I eventually got back to the apartment and he set the bag of food on the table and we both sat down. I could see him making a sandwich but I literally didn't know what would be good together all I ever ate in hydra was porridge (because being a super soldier comes with it perks and the thing you eat don't affect you). I got up from the table and sat down on the dusty bed patting it down. "It's getting kinda late." Bucky said while walking over to the bed. He handed me a sandwich with cheese, lettuce and tomato. "Thank you" I said. He sat down beside me "Wanna go to that beach we saw? " Bucky asked "ok" I replied and we both got on jackets and left the apartment, passing by the hookers and drug dealers again. We got on the motorbike and started to drive to the beach. We had spent hours in the market so by the time we ate and drove back to the beach it was around 1am, nobody was there and there was no cars either. I took my shoes and socks off and then I rolled up my pants. I let the waves crash into my legs and i started to blank out again.

I was young again around 20 I was with hydra but I wasn't brainwashed. I was pulling off  underwater heist to get money for hydra to fund themselves.
I was holding my breath outing a code in a safe until I saw a hand reach for me.

I felt an arm on my shoulder and I quickly grabbed it looking up to see it was bucky. I quickly let my hand off his wrist and apologised. He smiled at me which I found nice but weird "we should probably go it was dumb to come here we could be seen." he said to me while starting to walk back to the motorbike "right" I said.
****
Bucky pov
We were back at the apartment and it was like a sauna. It was around 2am and we had to sleep. I took off my shirt and jumper and veronika started to change, she was in front of me and maybe she didn't care, she seemed all business. Or maybe she didn't know but she seemed extremely smart so I don't know. I realised that I was just staring at her so I started to put away things to make my self occupied.

We both got into the tiny bed and turned our backs to each other. I could feel her back against mine.
The night was peaceful, there was a weird and rare sense of comfort. Easy to fall asleep to.
*****

AN. I was planning on having this out earlier but heyyy it's still before Sunday so ha. Also there is prolly a lot of spelling mistakes obvi bc I forgot I said it would be out before Sunday and I panicked. Anyhow pls vote pls xoxoxox😜😜🤢