Memories (13)

AN. shout out to the two ppl who consistently read each chapter but pls guys... Don't be a ghost reader vote or comment or something. Xxx

Later on that evening...
It was pouring rain. Bucky and Veronika were getting ready to go to a corner shop near the motel instead of the market.
They still had very little clothing, leaving Veronika wearing male clothes a lot, if she wasn't wearing a black tank top and jeans. Bucky was wearing a raggedy brown jacket with a black hoodie, grey t shirt and gloves. Veronika was wearing a long sleeve red t-shirt with 3 buttons down the middle, it was big on her and usually bucky would wear it. She had on wide legged black jeans and was holding the bag they took from the thrift shop.

******

Bucky and veronika walked down the street in the pouring rain, it was slightly dark out, the sun had nearly gone down completely so the sky was purple and blue, there was traffic all over the place and veronika and bucky were coming up to a crossing right before the shop.

"You go in bucky, I'll wait outside" veronika said "Yeah okay".

Veronika POV
Bucky had just gone into the corner shop and I was waiting outside looking at the tvs in the glass window. Old cartoons started playing and strong memories where unlocked

Red room 1937

I was in a room full of other girls sitting on chairs watching cartoons on a projector. I don't know what the cartoons were for, or about but we seemed to have done that often
A man walked into he room "Veronika Lenkov come with me" he said.

I was only seven years old but I was smart, and wise. I knew I was one of the best when I came to fighting and computers and bombs. And I had also heard whisperings of the red widow project. In the red room you start off as a widow then graduate and become a black widow, which already seemed petrifying, but then they said that one girl would be a subject for the red widow project, something about them wanting to do what hydra is going to do but better.

I walked out of the room with the man and he brought me into an empty training room. "Young Veronika, today we start your training for the next three years, then you can graduate young and become the first red widow" he said softy. "Where am I going once I've graduated?" I asked. He paused for a moment ".... A safe place, to do more good in he world than your already doing now" he continued "doesn't that sound nice?" he asked me. "Yes sir" I said cluelessly.
"My name is Ioseff Lenkov" he said
"Wait are you my father?" I said hopefully. "No. No I'm not. Unfortunately your mother and father abandoned you, they uh weren't good people, but I've taken you in and I love you very much" he said.
"Thank you" ———

"Hellooo..... Earth to Veronika" Bucky said looking at me staring blankly at the screen behind the window.
I eventually snapped out of it. "Oh...sorry. I'll take those bags" I said almost stunned after another memory had just appeared. "No I've got it" bucky said, being a gentleman like usual.
My thoughts then trailed off into what bucky was like before all this.
He must have been a real ladies man, calling me doll, wanting to dance and not letting me carry bags or open doors.  He had mentioned a couple times that he was born in 1917 which sometimes confuses me because I was born in 1930 but we're still around the same age. He had also said that he was a sergeant in the war and that he fought along side the man he had tried to kill, he said they were best friends.
Bucky hadn't told me much else, although he stared most conversations he was a very quiet person and we didn't talk much and any time we did talk I would just ask him questions instead of talking about myself, and still, I don't know much about him.

AN. Yea it's a short chapter and I'm sorry but I also don't really care x. Anywhoot plsss don't be a literal ghost and say something, like GIVE ME UR OPINIONS