Chapter 3 (Seal the Deal)

Heeyeon panted as she came to a halt when she reached the college gate. She was running nonstop since 15 minutes ago and it was all because of a group of punk girls that decided to take on her this morning.

Heeyeon honestly wanted to move out of the neighbourhood, there were so many reasons for her to do so, but half of her life was spent there so the sentimental value it held didn't help her decision at all.

The girl straightened her aching body and stretched as she took a breather, letting her heart pump the blood back to her brain.

"Ahn Heeyeon?" Heeyeon gasped in surprise, turning around only to see Chanyeol who was standing there with an annoying smirk on his face.

The girl's face dropped in an instant, she fixed her posture, narrowing her eyes to avoid Chanyeol's face that was so slappable at the moment.

"Didn't know the punks have interest in you," Chanyeol said mockingly, making Heeyeon widen her eyes. No one ever knew about her situation outside of the school and now she just got caught? By none other than her greatest enemy, Park Chanyeol?

"None of your business," Heeyeon answered as she tried to remain composed, but the other knew better.

Chanyeol's smirk grew wider as he watched the girl panic. He tapped on his foot while crossing his arms, gazing intensely at Heeyeon who was starting to lose her patience. The rhythm made by the boy's foot was keeping her on edge.

Heeyeon was about to run, to leave everything behind—Chanyeol and the possibility of her secret becoming known, when the guy suddenly spoke, gaining her attention immediately.

"I won't tell anyone." Heeyeon's ears perked up as she turned to Chanyeol, eyeing him with suspicion.

"But with one condition." She knew it. There's no way Park Chanyeol would let go of her easily.

****

"So, that's what happened." Heeyeon finished her story with a sigh and leaned back, her head rested on the chair as she stared blankly at the ceiling. She didn't even bother to look at Jaehwan who probably had a disgusted expression on his face.

"I guess I understand what the situation is, but why the hell are you dragging me into this?" Jaehwan questioned, clearly unsatisfied with the girl's decision to bring him into the mess she caused.

"Why me out all of the people? We have four boys in the squad, why me?" He continued before aggressively sipping on his mango juice, creating an unpleasant sound that echoed through the vacant cafeteria.

Heeyeon sighed heavily and straightened up, placing her hands on the table.

"You're the only person that came into mind when I thought about a close friend that can accept me as a girlfriend. Your brother and Sunwoo already have their interests, so you're the only choice left."

"Jin?" Jaehwan's eyebrows rose.

"Jin?" Heeyeon repeated as she looked away. The unexpected blush on her cheeks made Jaehwan turn away, smirking in disbelief.

"Yah," the boy snapped his fingers on the air, pulling back the other to reality.

"Answer me." He demanded.

"Seokjin. You know how he is. He can't even look into someone's eyes properly, let alone having a PDA show in front of the whole school." Heeyeon said, almost as if she was blurting out those words in a rush.

Jaehwan certainly knew what was going on in the girl's mind, but he decided to ignore it for the time being. He wasn't a pushy type of person, so whatever the girl before him felt or thought, had nothing to do with him unless she told him so.

"Okay..." Jaehwan purposely dragged off. "But do I look like someone who loves showing affection in public?" he asked with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. The latter was clearly showing his rejection, but he must know that Heeyeon didn't like to give up on what she wanted.

"No, but I don't need someone who loves doing so," Heeyeon replied and beamed the guy a smile that was hard to translate the purpose of it.

"I just need someone who can act." She finished and leaned back with a release of breath, leaving Jaehwan dumbfounded. He rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue. Guess he had no choice.

The boy took one last sip of his mango juice before getting up, calling over the girl, "Let's get to the class."

Heeyeon squinted her eyes at the boy curiously. As far as she knew, they didn't have class together on that day, but from the way Jaehwan spoke, it looked like he was asking her to walk together to their classes which again, as far as she knew, placed on the opposite of each other.

"Are you suddenly taking me to class?" She asked in a sassy tone, but the reply she got was far from what she expected.

"Isn't that what a boyfriend suppose to do?" Jaehwan asked cockily, raising his left brow.

Heeyeon stood up in excitement. "Are you saying that you agree to be my boyfriend?" She clasped her hand together and blinked her eyes, waiting for confirmation.

"Your fake boyfriend. I'm not doing this for free by the way. You have to somehow pay me back later." Jaehwan said.

Heeyeon nodded her head enthusiastically. She didn't really care about Jaehwan's terms and conditions. As long as she could win against Chanyeol, she would do anything in her power.

"Yeay! I love you, boyfriend! Let's go to class!" Heeyeon shouted rather loudly before picking up her bag and clung her arm around Jaehwan's shoulder.

The two then made their way to the academic building, hand in hand.

****

hellooo everyone!

so for old readers, i just want to tell you that starting from now, there will be some major changes in the story, especially the plots. im sorry in advance but hope you guys can still enjoy it ;)

thats all, take care and enjoy your day, oraíos!

-jae