Chapter 6 (Love Line?)

After the small incident at the backstage during the festival, Heeyeon and the others didn't see Chanyeol at all. He was nowhere to be seen and it had been going on for days, but Heeyeon couldn't care less. It meant less trouble for her.

"Hey, Jake! Aren't you and Heeyeon a thing? What's this matter going around about Heeyeon and her best friend Jaehwan?" A student asked that morning when everyone was busy at their lockers, gathering stuff for class.

Jake turned to him with a frown. "I don't know." He replied with nonchalance.

"And what do you expect from the Ahn Heeyeon? Do you seriously think we're together in the first place? Even if we were, do you think I would stick around her obnoxious self?" The half Australian added mockingly.

"So she is really with Jaehwan now? Best friends to lovers trope?!" Another female student joined in, closing her mouth as she gasped.

"Look! It's Heeyeon and Jaehwan!" Every head turned towards the opening door where the queenka and her new boyfriend were walking side by side, hands tightly intertwined.

As the pair walked through the hallway, gasps could be heard, filling the air. Small talks began as the students' eyes fixed on their friendly hands.

Jake unknowingly frowned as he watched Heeyeon's bright face as she talked to Jaehwan who listened to her with a smile. They looked like they were in their own world, having no care about their surroundings.

Little did he know, everything was just a facade.

"Can you please look a little bit lively? Your smile doesn't look convincing at all." Heeyeon stifled a laugh after whispering into Jaehwan's ear.

"Don't tell me what to do, Heeyeonie." Jaehwan replied through a smile, playing the same game as the girl.

"I honestly don't know why we're doing this when Chanyeol isn't even here." he added after that, with a low volume enough for only the girl to hear.

"Just keep walking." Heeyeon slightly shoved Jaehwan to the front, leaving him with no choice other than to follow the girl's footsteps. Only when they reached an empty classroom, they let go of each other's hands and Heeyeon started explaining.

"Sorry, Jae. Of course we don't know if he's not there and watching us, but we also don't know if he's there. I'm just being careful. I don't want to look like-"

"-a loser." Jaehwan cut off before the girl could fully justify her action.

"I get it, Yeon-ah. You don't have to explain yourself. We already went through this, didn't we?" Heeyeon's lips formed a thin line as she looked at Jaehwan's face. He was smiling reassuringly, silently telling her that there was nothing to worry about.

Telling her that she could trust him all she wants.

"This is scary, Jaehwan." She said out of nowhere, making the guy's forehead creased.

"I think this is going to be more than a dare."

****

Sunwoo laid down on the floor after finishing his dance routines, breathing heavily. As he was about to close his eyes to calm down and probably take a nap, footsteps were heard, causing him to turn his head to see a person sitting down beside him.

"Byulyi?" Sunwoo's eyebrows went up.

"What are you doing here? At this hour? Don't you have class?" He questioned as he sat up, giving up on his nap. He grabbed a small towel from his bag before facing the girl again.

"Byul?" He called while wiping the sweat off his face and neck.

"Are you going to stay silent or—"

"I hate this." Byulyi suddenly opened her mouth, cutting him off.

"What is it that you're hating?" Sunwoo who finally understood what the girl's reason for coming to the dance studio, immediately asked. He hoped his question would lead to Byulyi opening up and ease her mind.

"Myself." Sunwoo was not expecting that answer at all. He went closer to Byulyi who had her eyes somewhere else—the wooden floor that covered the whole dance studio.

"And why is that?" Sunwoo asked again, his tone was comforting enough for Byulyi to turn her body and face the guy, ready to rant all the things that had been bothering her for these few days.

"Sunwoo, I fcking fall in love," Her reply made the other raised his eyebrows in confusion as he didn't see anything wrong with what the girl just said.

"with Jaehwan." Uh-oh. Sunwoo could only purse his lips into a thin line.

****

"Jin-ah, here!" Junghwan called out while waving his hand as he saw Seokjin who was entering the lecture hall.

Seokjin who saw him quietly made his way to his friend and sat down.

"Hey, what's wrong? You look off." Junghwan questioned almost immediately after Seokjin settled down beside him. The guy was having an unusual expression on his face, a mixture of sad and...confused? Junghwan couldn't pinpoint it to be honest.

Seokjin turned to the other with a small frown. His lips twitched a few times as he was going to say something but then was interrupted when the lecturer came in.

"Tell me later." Junghwan said before focusing on what was in front of the class.

Seokjin let out a small sigh before mimicking his friend's action. It seemed like he had no choice other than to stay silent about what he heard at the dance studio earlier.

__________

as you can probably see, im so into jaehwan right now lol.

anyway, have a nice day, oraíos!

-jae