Chapter 4 (The Fish)

enjoy this short chapter!

"I swear to God, he's gonna be the death of me!" Byulyi harshly threw herself on the couch. She was complaining about none other than Jooheon, who decided to surprise her this morning with giant teddy bears at the cafeteria.

Byulyi who hated all the attention went crazy and kicked the boy's shin in front of dozens of people and walked away after muttering something like 'I'll kill you for real if you do this again' to the boy.

Now she's in the music studio with Heeyeon and Sunwoo.

"But don't you think it was a bit too much? He just wanted to surprise you, and you replied with violence. Not to mention how embarrassing it is to get kicked by a woman in front of a whole group of humans." Heeyeon said.

Sunwoo who was leaning against the doorframe with hands wrapped around himself nodded his head. He pushed himself off the wall and went to sit beside Byulyi while Heeyeon settled herself on a chair.

"True. It's not like he tried to do something bad to you." Sunwoo said. "Why not give him a chance, Byul?" He asked after that.

Byulyi didn't answer his question. She closed her eyes and let out a frustrated groan.

"I can't." After a brief silence, she answered.

"Why is that?" Sunwoo asked.

"I just can't." Byulyi stood up and walked out of the door, leaving her two friends who were speechless by her sudden action.

"You think she has a crush on someone?" Sunwoo voiced out, his eyes staying on the door where Byulyi left.

"Positive."

****

It was late evening and Junghwan was practicing his new song when his twin brother barged into his room with a shout.

"Junghwan! Help me—what the fish?" Jaehwan's face was everything but decent when he saw the fish that lay on the floor of his brother's room.

"What's wrong, Jae?" Junghwan took off his headphones and faced his brother.

"What's wrong with you? Why do you have raw fish on your floor?" Jaehwan's face scrunched up, smelling the fishy air.

"I'm trying to get in the mood. You know that I'm singing a breakup song for the test, right?" Junghwan answered.

"What does a breakup have to do with dead animals?" Jaehwan couldn't wrap his head around it no matter what his brother said. He decided to ignore it and made his way to the bed, carefully to not step on the slippery part.

"Anyway, I've got news to tell." He finally got to the point as he sat down on Junghwan's bed.

"What?" Junghwan's eyebrows raised as he saw the serious look on Jaehwan's face.

"The admins rejected our proposal," Jaehwan said, his voice monotonous.

Junghwan didn't fight his urge to roll his eyes as he huffed in annoyance, pushing away the lyrics in his hand. A few words from Jaehwan were enough to make him lose his mood for the day.

"Why?" Junghwan asked after a long silence.

"Because no public figures will be there. It will bring no good or 'fame' to the school. Short story, the festival is a waste of money." Jaehwan quoted the word fame with his hands.

"Bullsht." Junghwan spat as he rolled his eyes again. He kind of expected this to happen, but that didn't mean he could gladly accept it.

"Exactly." Jaehwan let out a sigh. All those days spent planning the festival, only for the proposal to be rejected in a second. He thought if the tentative was detailed, they could have a chance, but what did he expect from the shtty higher-ups?

"Jae,"

"What?" Jaehwan answered lazily.

"What if there will be a public figure?" His eyebrows went up.

****

"I'm not going. Full stop." Heeyeon turned her head away from Jaehwan's pleading eyes. Her focus was now on the computer, specifically on the shopping app.

"Please, Yeon-ah. We really need your help." Jaehwan scooted closer to the girl, tugging on her sleeve.

"Fck off." Heeyeon deadpanned.

"You can't even do something simple like this for your boyfriend?" The girl's left brow rose as she turned to look at Jaehwan who was wrapping his arms around himself, a tiny smirk attached to his lips.

"Are you blackmailing me right now?" Heeyeon questioned as her mouth formed a gap, disbelief as to what was happening.

"If you think like that, then that is what it is." Jaehwan shrugged his shoulders and stood up, ready to leave the girl.

"Wait!" Jaehwan's smirk grew bigger the moment Heeyeon called out for him. He knew he had won the game.

"Fine, whatever you say, boyfriend."

And that's how the dancing queen of Royal Hybe College turned up and performed a show after a while.

*****

hey everyone! again, for old readers, i hope you understand if there are some changes in the story :) sorry for the inconvenience TT

also dont forget to take care of yourselves, oraíos!

-jae