Chapter 7 (...Student Council?)

There was this rumour that had been going on throughout the college, about a new lecturer.

Usually, people don't really pay attention to this kind of thing, but it suddenly became a hot topic among the students and the staff as the new lecturer was said to be joining in the middle of the current semester instead of waiting for the new semester.

The lecturers were questioning the sanity of the newbie (because people usually come when a new semester starts to avoid more work), while the students, especially the top ranked ones, were complaining about how a new lecturer in the middle of the semester would disturb their learnings as they will have to adjust accordingly.

A few weeks had passed since the successful festival and finally, after a while, the six were able to gather again.

"Do you guys happen to know about the new lecturer?" It was Sunwoo who started the conversation.

The rumour surely circulated fast and was big enough for Sunwoo to be the one who opened it up. Knowing the boy, almost all of his days were spent in the dance room, away from other people. He always kept to himself and didn't really hang out except with the other five.

"Maybe Jaehwan knows something, he's a part of the student council after all." Byulyi suddenly pointed out.

"You're a part of the student council?" Came Junghwan, somehow feeling betrayed that he didn't about the fact.

"Our college has a student council?" Sunwoo's eyes went wide just thinking about the unnecessary and almost invisible organisation.

"What is student council?" Seokjin silently mumbled.

"Wait, I am a part of the student council?" And lastly said Jaehwan who was the main topic, but it seemed like he wasn't aware of it. His words made everyone turn to him in disbelief.

"Yah! How come you don't know about your own position?" Heeyeon slapped Jaehwan's arm hard, judging him with her gaze.

"Stop abusing me!" Jaehwan whined and scooted away with his chair, rubbing the place he got hit.

"You have to cope with it since we're together now." A gasp from Junghwan was heard while the others widened their eyes at Heeyeon except for an annoyed Jaehwan who was frowning.

"Wait, hold on. So, when you said that you have something to tell us, this is what you meant?" Byulyi asked with her eyes darted to Heeyeon. Indeed, the reason they were gathered in the corner of the cafeteria right now was because of Heeyeon's message in the group chatroom that said she had something to announce to all of them.

"And when you asked me to trust you no matter what happens, means this?" It was Junghwan's turn to ask his brother as he remembered Jaehwan's words from last night.

Heeyeon gave them an enthusiastic nod while Jaehwan leaned back with a sigh.

"What's the thing between you guys?" Sunwoo voiced out when he finally processed the situation.

"We're dating!" Shouted Heeyeon.

"More like she forced us to date." Jaehwan corrected right away, earning a glare from Heeyeon. He turned to her and stuck his tongue out, ignoring the girl's burning gaze on him.

"Jokes aside, are you guys for real? Heeyeon, is this one of your games? Who makes the bet this time?" Byulyi spoke up, intensely looking at Heeyeon as she waited for an answer.

"Nobody did nothing, Byul. I like Jaehwan and wanted to give it a try, that's all." Heeyeon bravely responded, her eyes confidently locked with Byulyi's.

"Is it true, Jyani?" Byulyi turned towards Jaehwan, her eyebrows arched in suspicion.

Heeyeon pressed her lips nervously, hoping her secret was safe with Jaehwan. She couldn't bear the shame if everyone knew about the deal with Chanyeol and most importantly, she could lose the friends she cherished.

Please, Jaehwan.

"Unfortunately, yes. She confessed to me during lunch, I think it was Tuesday and she suddenly dragged me to the back of the canteen, blabbering rubbish, and kissed my lips—"

"Spare the details, please." Junghwan rolled his eyes. He was certain that whatever happened between the two was not important at the moment because as long as they were happy, he had nothing against them.

But it seemed like Byulyi had another idea and Junghwan couldn't do anything about it.

"So the rumours about you guys are true after all." Sunwoo laughed out loud, trying to ease up the tension that was suddenly forming between them.

"I'm going to the studio." Byulyi stood up and left, leaving the others dumbfounded.

"What's wrong with her?" Clueless, Jaehwan asked right away. Nobody answered him and they fell silent for a while before Sunwoo got up and went on the same way as Byulyi. While Seokjin, he could only look silently at Sunwoo and Byulyi who slowly went out of sight.

"Byul, wait!" Sunwoo reached out his hand and caught Byulyi's wrist to stop her from running away. He swiftly turned the girl, making her face him.

"Byul-ah, I know what you're feeling, but you cannot do this. The others will suspect that something's wrong." Sunwoo said.

Byulyi turned her face away as she felt a tear drop from her heavy eyelid. Unfair. That was what she felt at that time. Why can't she show off her feelings freely? Why should she be the one who's hiding her emotions? Questions began to muddle her already clouded mind.

"Byul..." Sunwoo's voice was heard. The boy bowed to her level and tried to look at her face, but Byulyi just started walking away without any words, leaving Sunwoo alone in the middle of the hallway.

Sunwoo sighed heavily. Another drama for his last year, it seemed.

__________

heyy i know its been a while since i updated this story and im so sorry for that but here's a new chapter!

hope you enjoy and thanks for still being here (your dedication, i must appreciate TT)

-jae