Chapter 1: Beginning

Beep.

Beep.

I sat up and moved my tired body to the ice cold floor. I got out of bed and turned the shower on hot. I undressed and stepped in. It felt nice against my cold, tired body. It was refreshing.

Ding.

I got a text message. I finish my shower and get out. I check my phone. I smile when I see the name:

Zaynie :). Zayn is the person that can lighten my day just by smiling. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me. My face lights up as I read the text.

"Hey beautiful :) Just woke up can’t wait to see you at school"

I looked at my wrists and my face dropped. I ran my thumb over my scars. I promised myself I would stop for Zayn. I didn't want him to find out and think badly of me. Like I’m some monster for harming myself. But he doesn't understand the pain I go through every day. He doesn't know that girls at school mimic and tease me on a daily basis their just too afraid to do it when Zayn's around. They say I’m not worthy enough for Zayn or Zayn's only using me because he feels sorry for me. He's told me many times that’s not the reason he's with me. He says he really loves me and I'm his one and only. And lucky for me he treats me that way. I replied back.

"Good morning Mr. Malik I’m getting ready for school see you there ;)"

I walked into my room and got dressed. I grabbed my school bag and walked downstairs. I saw my mom in the kitchen.

"Good morning mum"

"Morning. Do you need a ride to school?"

"Yeah remember I got my car taken?"

"Yes I remember. Be ready by 7:20 okay?"

"Okay mum" She looked at the scars on my wrist. I saw her face drop. She looked me in the eyes.