Chapter 3: Weed & Sunny

Ozzie's POV

"First night in the Goldstein abode, how does it feel?" I hear Luke whisper as I stir awake.

"What are you doing in here?" I shriek as I cover my body with the bed covers.

"First of all, I live here. It's kinda my job to be lurking around. Secondly, it's nearly noon. We promised the boys we would be at the bungalow like right now. So get your butt up!"

"It's noon?" I groan. "I must have smoked too much weed last night."

"Not nearly as much as Dane. He's going to be so out of it today."

"Just... let me get dressed, okay?" I say groggily as I stumble into him.

"Woah there, feeling alright?"

"My head just really hurts. Could you get me some water please?"

He disappears from the room only to come back a few seconds later with a glass of water in his hand. "Here ya go," he says as he holds it up to my lips and I take a sip. "You sure you're alright to go today?"

"Of course I'm sure. This is nothing a little trouble couldn't fix."

"That's my girl."

...

"There you guys are! Geez, late much?" Jude bellows as we make our way into the bungalow and sit in the two bean bag chairs in the corner.

"Sorry, little miss here is facing the aftermath of smoking too much weed last night."

"Ah, so is Dane. He passed out an hour ago."

"Jesus. I say we go to the beach," I interject.

"The queen has spoken! To the beach we go!"

I get dressed into my plain white bikini and thirty minutes later, we're at my favorite place—the beach! Our town is so itty-bitty that no one is ever here, and I love that.

"Race ya to the water!" Jude yells before I make a beeline down the sand and splash water at him. "I definitely beat you, Oz. Don't even try to deny it."

"Shut up!" I shriek as he picks me up by my waist and throws me into the water. "Oh, I'm so gonna kill you for that!" I yell as I push his shoulder down into the ocean.

"Hey now!"

Before I can get another word in, I feel two big, strong hands wrap around my torso and spin me around. "My turn," Luke whispers before dunking me.

Am I still high or was Luke just being kind of—dare I say it—hot?

"Hey, guys! What'd I miss?" Dane yells from shore.

"Mr. Sleepyhead is finally awake!"

"Get your ass in here, man!"

This is why I love my friends. They don't treat me like a little girl; I'm their equal. They throw me into the water and don't give two shits. They tease me an abnormal amount. They don't try to make moves on me.

Well, except Luke. But it's never forced and just simple little interactions, and I don't mind that. He's been crushing on me for years, so I might as well give the boy some skin to skin contact once in a while just to mess with him.

"Morning, Oz," Dane says as he wades through the water next to us. He wraps me in a wet hug before Jude pushes both of us over. "Holy shit dude, look!"

The guys look over at a girl I've never seen before and Jude smiles. That's new.

"Go talk to her, man!"

"No way. I just met her yesterday!"

"Who's that?" I ask.

"Sunny Ray, my new neighbor," Jude tells me, and I smile.

"He climbed up her window and they slept together last night!"

"Geez, that was way fast!" I gasp.

"We didn't have sex, Ozzie. We physically slept next to each other."

"I don't know if in the history of Jude Birks' sex life if that's ever happened."

"I just... want to get to know her," Jude says with a shy smirk on his face.

"That has also never happened."

"Hey! When I dated Julia I got to know her!"

All three of us look at Jude. "Okay, was it mostly about sex? Yes. But I do know that her favorite color is hot pink."

"Oh my god," Luke groans. "There is so much more to a relationship than sex! Is that part of it? Sure. But a relationship is about knowing that person's dreams and fears. Its about knowing what makes them tick and what makes them all clammy inside. Its about knowing their simple likes and dislikes, and what their partner does to make them feel loved."

I look at Luke and he bites on his bottom lip. Cute.

"I hate to break it to you, Luke, but you've never been in a relationship. I'm not sure if you're the guy I want to take advice from."

"Suit yourself. But I'll know when I've found my girl."

Is it just me... or did Luke literally become really desirable all of a sudden?