9

One Year Later

"You're ready." Dreykov smiled down at you.

You nodded.

You were now fully graduated. Seventeen years old. Today was the anniversary of the first attempt to bring Natalia home. And now you were trying again.

This time, with no memory. Only snippets of useless nothing that had come back from your past. Everything was hidden from you, except you didn't know it.

This time. Exactly a year later. You were stronger. More muscular and defined. Faster. More powerful. Fully activated as a hundred percent widow.

The only difference was it was a duel mission.

With Alessandra.

Her name was similar to yours. You hated working with other widows, but you made it clear you were in charge.

Alessandra went by Sandra. The workers didn't call her that but you tried to, just to be nice. Although you weren't a nice person.

She had just turned sixteen, a year younger than you. She was taken at an older age from her home in Russia, seemingly having the right qualifications. So she was at a lower skill level and still had many beliefs and knowledge from down below in the real world but she learned quickly and worked well under pressure.

She was similar to you in ways but also very opposite. She worked hard but still kept light in her eyes. A sense of hope. She hid her pain like you, but instead of with darkness, she hid it with light. She was peppy and outgoing. Her eyes were vibrant and blue, full of hope and welcome. Yours were a very dull green. So dark they looked gray.

You weren't nice, you weren't mean. You were quick with your witty remarks and sometimes snarky with them, but they never held real emotion.

Today it was just you and her. Heading to New York, for a similar, yet different plan. Ginger and blonde going undercover. This time pure chaos. Just in and out. Quickly. Secretly. No footsteps will be left behind.

"Off you go." He waved you off as you began controlling the higher-tech jet, that you had recently been taught to.

Now you were under Dreykov's full control. Under activation full time, under his absolute control while you were away although he knew you wouldn't defect. You haven't been yourself since your final stage of activation though, a small part of you was always missing. Alessandra was under her words, but she would be removed from them eventually. Everyone had only one word to do so. That was usually more difficult to guess. But one of a happy memory.

Your was Аквамарин, Aquamarine. A hard word to guess but it was one of the only personal meanings you had ever had. But have since lost.

Alessandra was Дед or grandfather. Since that was the only parental figure she had before she was taken. A little bit easier than yours.

The jet whirred as you began to lift off the large platform. With a proud smirk on your face. You were much more well prepared this time around. With more time to do so and broader thoughts.

The jet was smaller. It had three seats. Moved much faster, and had a large compartment for weaponry and medical supplies.

Dreykov expected this to take two or three days since we had to get inside and get a little more personal. One explosion at a popular landmark, filled with people, drawing out the avengers. You looked over at Alessandra, she reminded you grimly of yourself in certain ways.

She killed without question much like you, and she was quite excited about this first important mission of hers.

"Are you ready Sandra?" You questioned after pulling some gears on putting it on neutral so it flew through the air with a little less control.