003 | Happy Birthday

—March 2016

"What?" Jungkook grumbled through the phone.

He was in the middle of a meeting with Bang PDnim, BTS, and the rest of the staff when Bambam decided to call him nonstop. He was about to just turn his phone off or put it on silent, but Bang PDnim told him to answer it since it might be urgent.

Now, he was outside the conference room, a bit irritated. "This better be important."

"It is!" Bambam laughs.

Jungkook began to mentally face-palm. "I mean important-important."

"It's Lisa birthday in two days, can you help me?"

"Her . . . birthday? Hold up," he mumbles, momentarily bringing his phone away from his ear. He swiped down to view his phone status, quickly checking the date.

Shoot. March 25.

Jungkook sighed in disbelief, his annoyance towards Bambam subtly fading. "I'm a bit busy . . ." he mumbles. "I'll just help with the preparations, I don't know if I can physically be there."

"Alright, we'll just message you about what we planned out for her," Bambam says.

"You could've just sent me a message regarding this, why'd you have to call? I was in the middle of a meeting," Jungkook continues to grumble, his annoyance resurfacing.

"We're going to prepare today, I just figured that maybe you wanna come along with us."

"Today? Why so early?"

"Because Lisa wants to hangout tomorrow thinking that all of us are busy on her birthday, so we have to prepare now."

"Oh," Jungkook curtly says. "Okay. I'll hang up now."

Once Jungkook hung up, holding onto his phone, he began to bite his bottom lip. He was contemplating whether he should go straight to the guys once the meeting is over. At the same time, BTS has been exhausted from all the preparations for their comeback and new album release.

The fact that Lisa's birthday was coming up, and that he lost track of time and forgot, really bothered him. In a span of two whole months since they first met, Jungkook and Lisa seemed to become closer.

He felt quite guilty that he exerted zero effort for Lisa's birthday as of now. She's already quite a close friend of his, he should at least prepare something for her. However, because of BTS' busy schedule, he doubted that he can physically be there on her birthday.

Without further ado, he immediately messaged Bambam.

Jungkook
I'll cover half of the expenses, I'll check
the bill and what you've spent first tho

Bambam
Ooh, what a coincidence

Bambam
I've been looking for a sugar daddy

Bambam
You sure you wanna cover half? We're
gonna spend a lot for Lisa's birthday

Jungkook
Don't throw a huge party, she hates it
when she barely knows anyone

Bambam
Is she your bestfriend or mine? 🤨

Bambam
Ofc I know that don't worry don't worry

Jungkook
Okay, I'll return to the meeting now

Jungkook tucks his phone back in his pocket. He cursed at himself for seeming excessive. Then again, he just wanted to make sure that they're gonna do well for Lisa's birthday. He forgot that Bambam and Lisa are childhood friends — of course Bambam would already memorise what she likes and dislikes.