009 | Jungkook's Day

September 2016

“Happy birthday, Jungkook! Happy birthday, Jungkook! Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, Jungkook!” The members sang to him, chaotically, that is.

Jungkook chuckled as he let Hoseok put a party hat on him. He pinched Jungkook's chin. “Our Jungkook is nineteen!”

“I can't believe we're really watching Jungkook grow up,” Yoongi comments. He poured a drink for the maknae. “Don't make our head ache.”

Jungkook snickered. “I think that won't be possible, hyung.” They clinked glasses.

Namjoon looked at Jungkook thoroughly, thinking how much Jungkook changed over the years. They really did watch him grow up.

The youngest looked around. Their place is entirely different from where they used to reside. Before, they used to share only one room together. Their studio would be filled by broken speakers and such. Tough times. Jungkook thought.

He recalled one memory on his birthday back in 2013. His hyungs saved up their allowances just to buy him this cake that he always wanted to try. However, they could only save up to buy three slices since it was quite expensive.

Now, Jungkook couldn't believe that they bought him the whole cake. Well, it was not the largest size, nor was it the medium one. It was the smallest size. It is still quite pricey. Still, he was glad to see their group's improvements and changes — even the tiniest ones.

“Make a wish, Kookie,” Jimin tells him, holding up the cake with lit candles for him.

Jungkook leaned in, pausing a bit to make a wish in his head. There, he makes a wish. He blows the candles, causing his hyungs to cheer.

“I wonder what Jungkookie wished for,” Taehyung says, wrapping an arm around Jungkook's shoulder.

“That Jin hyung would stop pestering me,” Jungkook teased, looking at Jin.

Jin rolled his eyes. “It's the other way around.” He shakes his head, flicking Jungkook's arm. “Since you said it out loud, it won't happen.”

“I'm curious on what he wishes for, though,” Jimin says, pouting.

“Probably a game console or something,” Yoongi surmised.

Taehyung shakes his head. “He already has one! We've wrapped it up——” He paused. There, he gave Jungkook a boxy smile.

“You all gifted me a game console?” Jungkook gawks, his doe eyes widening.

Taehyung shrugs. “Of course! You said you always wanted one.”

“Well, you just ruined the surprise.” Yoongi clicks his tongue at Taehyung.

Taehyung simple gave Yoongi a peace sign, stepping back, pulling Jungkook along with him. “So? Wanna start it up?” Namjoon asks the youngest.

Jungkook, without further hesitation, nodded his head enthusiastically. There, his hyungs led him to where the game console was, along with the other mini gifts they bought for him.

From one room, to one apartment. From three slices of cake, to one small cake. From one gift, to one gift each.

It's still a long way to go. However, they made it this far. It wouldn't hurt to dream to go farther, right?

As the rest of BTS watched Jungkook as he unwrapped his gifts, he couldn't help but remember what he really wished for.

I wish for happiness. Not only for me, but also for the ones I love.