014 | You're Here

February 2017

Lisa cheered as Chaeyoung did a little twirl right in front of them. Today was the day. Yes, Jaehyun's early birthday celebration.

The girls were almost finished dolling up, already waiting for Mingyu and some of his members to arrive to pick them up. YG wouldn't normally approve of this, considering that they're women and that they're rookies. However, he thought that a little socialization won't hurt.

The truth is, he found out that girl groups such as Twice and Red Velvet were going, too. Thus, he didn't want BLACKPINK to be left behind.

Mingyu
already near
seen

>><<

It's not that Lisa had any negative feelings towards Mingyu, it's just that they weren't necessarily that close. Like how sometimes, in a group of friends, you would vibe with each other together. However, once you're left alone with someone in particular from that group, you'd both be silent.

Lisa isn't awkward at all when she's left alone with Bambam and Jungkook. However, albeit she appears to be a complete extrovert, she still feels awkward with people she's not necessarily close to.

That's what she felt when she and Mingyu were left alone in the van as the three girls were making some final touchups. When Mingyu messaged that he was already there, Lisa had to show up and not make him wait for all of them.

Mingyu wasn't that oblivious. Of course, he could sense that Lisa felt awkward though she tried to conceal it by small talk. In attempt to lighten up the mood, he cleared his throat, earning her attention.

“You look pretty tonight,” he started off, feeling his cheeks flush by his own compliment. He was thankful that she could hardly see him since he was facing away from her.

Lisa lifted her brows up. She beamed, “Thanks!” and laughed afterwards.

One thing that sucks when you harbour feelings for someone is that you tend to notice the littlest details about them. He noticed the difference in her reaction when anyone in their friend group, including him, compliments her, versus when someone in particular does.

Another thing that sucks when you harbour feelings for someone is that you know when they harbour feelings for someone else. Again, Mingyu wasn't oblivious. He knows more that anyone thinks. Yet, despite this knowledge, he still didn't stop himself from developing a crush on Lisa. How could he not, anyway?

“I heard Jungkook can't come to the party.” Mingyu wanted to check something for confirmation. Though he already anticipated Lisa's reaction, he still couldn't help but sigh.

Lisa's doe eyes lit up upon hearing his name. Mingyu began to question how Lisa's feelings weren't obvious to others at this point. Then again, he was her keen observer. And, he's afraid that's all he'll ever be.

“Yeah, the guy's busy,” Lisa added, shrugging it off. Oh, how she tried to act disinterested with anything that concerns Jungkook. “The girls are taking too long, aren't they?” She chuckled. “Sorry for the wait.”

“It's really alright.”

“And thanks for offering to pick us up.” She smiled at him.

Mingyu sighed, smiling back. At that moment, he already knew where his feelings would lead to. Still, he wanted to savour each and every moment alone with her. “Anytime, Lisa,” he tells her.

>><<

“What're you writing?” Jungkook tried to take a peek at what Taehyung was writing. He found his hyung at the corner of the room, fixated onto something. Out of curiosity, of course he'd check up on him.