iii. childhood

CHAPTER THREE
↳ childhood

A/n This chapter is basically Oneshots kinda, it skips around a bit but there are a few dates so you might want to read the date to know when in time you are

Jamie had returned to Lallybroch not three days later in the back of a hay-filled Cart he was half-conscious and mostly dead from the fever. Jenny asked him about Claire. Jamie tells her that Claire is gone, and asked Jenny not to speak her name to him again. She never did.

At this point, Jamie just wanted to die having lost almost everything dear to him but Jenny refused to give in and did everything she can to treat Jamie's horrible leg injury, Eventually, it started to black and small horrible, looking like it had to amputated, however, Ian didn't want that to happen after everything else his brother in Law had been through. In a last-ditch effort to save the leg, Jenny slits it to the bone and washes it with boiling water and Stitches it up. somehow the treatment worked. Jamie went on to live in a cave outside of Lallybroch though he visited often.

Faith was raised by Mrs crook, by the time she was five she was taking care of the house, tending to the livestock mostly the cows and cooking. She always knew that Jamie was her father and she had no blood relation to Mrs Crook but she did have an attachment to Mrs Crook who acted as her parental figure. After Culloden Faith began to develop a detestation for Jamie, she thought of him as someone who would continuously get her family in trouble, though maybe she just didn't like the redcoats constantly questioning if 'Isla Crook' was really who she said she was and taking her Uncle every few months.

Faith needed someone to blame this on so she did her father. Faith and Fergus grew apart due to this, Fergus hated her because she hated Jamie, though Faith didn't understand why Fergus hated her so much. Faith was never told of her mother the only thing she knew about her mother was from her charm bracelet, the tiny little potion charm. Faith learned to read at a very early age and is incredibly smart and a thinker, she later grows a keep interest in healing.

Faith looks like a mini Claire, except for the hair, which pains everyone, especially Jamie, to see.

◦ 24 December 1744 ◦

Faiths First Yule

The seasons began to change the beautiful shades of orange and yellow began to turn into crystal white. Winter in Scotland was truly marvellous to the eye, Wintry trees stand as ballet dancers poised to show the world their grace, A cheerier mood set over Lallybroch and its inhabitants, Yule was a time for celebration and Family. Claire was trudging through 4-inch deep snow to collect Holly and Branches of the evergreens to make boughs, Wreaths as she called them. Claire was somewhat excited for Christmas, it was her daughter's first Christmas and she decided that if she was to raise her daughter she would have to incorporate some 20th century English traditions into her life, of course, her traditions may not be something one could do things like listening to Christmas songs on the radio or hot chocolate with whipped cream & marshmallows weren't something she could accomplish in this century, though Christmas trees and gingerbread were certainly something she could achieve. Maybe a Christmas carol or two?