xi. once again gone

CHAPTER ELEVEN
↳ once again gone

CHAPTER ELEVEN↳ once again gone

━━ ◦ Lallybroch ◦ ━━

Jenny stood in the front yard anxiously throwing grain at the chickens who were pecking at it, it was almost time for Jamie to show up and get himself arrested. The redcoats were waiting in the house and were also hidden away close on the outside to surround him, make sure he couldn't get away. All was going to go to Jamie's plan, much to Jenny's dismay. She heard footsteps but didn't turn around until her brother said her name.

"Jenny," She turned around and looked at him a small piece inside her wished he wouldn't come, she couldn't bear doing something like this to him but alas he did come, he looked at the ground and then back up at her taking off his woollen hat "It's me," He started walking towards her arms open while she just looked at the ground, its really happening "I've come home," As he said that redcoats flanked him from all sides muskets loaded and raised pointing at him. Captain Samuel Lewis came out of the door. Jamie turned around looking at the officers while jenny stared straight at him trying to keep her emotions in check to not reveal them "No, Jenny, no,"

"James Alexander Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser, otherwise known as Red Jamie," The captain said walking down the stairs "You are hereby under arrest for high treason against his Majesty King George,"

One officer grabbed Jamie's arms struggling to pull them behind his back "Not my own sister,"

"Put him in the irons," The captain called, slight delight could be heard in his voice

"How could you?" Jamie yelled

"This is yer own fault! Ye brought this on herself," Jenny responded her voice cracking slightly at the end but no one seemed to notice

"Well done madam," Lewis said handing to her a small leather pouch of coins, to which Jenny took breathing deeply to try and keep herself from crying "You've done a service to the crown,"

"This is bloody money," Her brother yelled being dragged away by the officers

"Ye gave me no choice brother! and I'll never forgive you! Never!" Jenny's voice started noticeably cracking. Jamie gave her one last look as she started sobbing quietly, then he was thrown into the back of the cart. she watched it take off before she ran back into the house crying...That was four days ago...

━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was early in the morning the sun had started to rise, it was the first day of December. Jenny sat on the steps watching that road...Waiting, what she was waiting for? well, you can guess what. It had been six days since Faith was captured and Four days since Jamie was handed over and there had been no word from the redcoats since and no sign of them returning her. Jenny worried about her, she tried to hide it but everyone noticed, though Jenny wasn't the only one, Faith was loved amongst the tenants and everyone that resided at Lallybroch, Faith would disagree with that statement but she was. Jenny distinctly remembers that nearly three years ago, in March 1750, when Faith was six, she walked up to Jenny excitedly and showed her the Bluebell meadow. Jenny had known about it since she was wee but seeing her niece so excited about the colours and the flowers and the bees made Jenny smile for days on end and she still does. That's where you would find Faith almost every day in the spring, up in that meadow admiring the flowers and reading. In the colder months, Faith would watch the sunsets and sunrises almost every day, she seemed to have an appreciation for those things that most people wouldn't pay a second glance at.