vi. kidnapping

CHAPTER SIX
↳ kidnapping

━━━━━━ ◦ Faith ◦ ━━━━━━

Not long after the extremely close encounter with the redcoats, they showed up once again but only to return Ian. Faith was in the forest looking for certain herbs that can be turned into medicine. She was looking for wild garlic, though Faith normally knew this plant as something for eating for flavouring in a meal, Claire Beauchamp wrote that it was anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antifungal, antiviral. it can be applied to wounds to keep bacteria out of it as well as many other things, what it couldn't do was prevent the black plague which was scribbled out in the book. During her practices with healing Faith had come to find quite an interest in the medicine part of things more than the sewing up of people or pulling things out of people. Faith stopped by the stream to take a drink when she heard hoves from behind her, she looked up to see where it was coming from and there were a group of Officers in those bright redcoats.

Faith stood up and bowed to them, they had already seen her and running away from them would be her worst option, one of the officers jumped off their horse and grabbed her roughly, he pulled both her hand tightly behind her back.

"What? what are ye doing?" She said, looking at the one who was walking towards her.

"You know where your father is," he stated, Faith's breath hitched and her eyes widened

"I dinna ken what yer talking about my father is six feet under the ground, he died in a fire," Faith said, the officer smirked

"Fire? I didn't think the red Jamie died in a fire," he made eye contact with the small girl

"My father isn't red Jamie, you're being delusional, I'm-"

The officer cut Faith off "Isla crook?" he asked and she nodded "Yes I thought that too, but one of our officers heard the french boy calling you Faith, You know where he is, don't you?" Faith just glared at the ground and shook her head, and the next she knew she was being pulled onto the back of a horse with a musty looking redcoat, we rode for not long at all maybe a minute or two before we stopped, Faith saw Fergus stop in his tracks and turn the other way.

The redcoat pulled faith off the horse, and held a knife up to her throat, Faiths breathing quickened, Corporal Mcgregor held Fergus down on a root growing out of the ground, the fat Scottish officer stopped. "Corporal Mcgregor, Halt for two minutes" Fergus and the Corporal looked up to see Faith, her eyes wide with fear. "You both know where he is," The officer said "If you don't say anything now we will hurt you both, Isn't that right Faith" Fergus was dumbfounded at the redcoat's comment, but both the children stayed silent "No? of well, Corporal Mcgregor continue" The redcoat pulled Faith back on his horse.

"Don't touch her and go to hell with all of you," Fergus said, The Scottish redcoat pulled out his sword raised it and then cut his hand clean off, Fergus let out a blood-curdling scream, Faith was petrified at what just happened Fergus sobbed looking at his arm.