iv. revolution ideas

CHAPTER FOUR
↳ revolution ideas

CHAPTER FOUR↳ revolution ideas

━━━━━━ ◦ 1752 ◦ ━━━━━━

It had been over a year since Faith was taken by the redcoats for questioning, not too many things had happened during that time. Mrs Cook died a few weeks ago, Faith was obviously distraught at the news of her caretaker's death, though she knew it was going to happen soon, Mrs Crook was incredibly old. Faith had grown a keen interest in Art and Medicine, she was only eight so there want much she could do in terms of real medical help, she did what she can, collecting herbs that could in every day for her family and stitching herself up every time she cut herself horribly, Her Aunt didn't know about this, however, if she did Faith would get an earful.

Faith was tending to the garden, she filled an old watering can with water and poured it over the newly sprouting crops. She heard rustling behind her to see Fergus, Rabbie and young Jamie hopping the back gate of the castle

"Oi" she called out "What're ye doing'," the trio looked back at her with wide eyes, Fergus swore jumping back down to her side of the wall, since Faith had gotten taken their relationship had gotten better since Faith had been taken, she hated Jamie slightly less and Fergus had grown some respect for her since she was taken by the redcoats but they still acted like they hated each other's guts.

"We're going nowhere," he said,

she raised her eyes brows looking at the guilty-looking young Jamie and Rabbie "Aye, sure ye are" she laughed rolling her eye and turning around to walk away however before she could Fergus grabbed her arm

"you'll tell no one about this, you understand" he threatened

Faith chuckled " Ye know Fergus, I hate ye but I'm no snitch, I was jokin' I dinna care what yere doin'," she yanked her arm from his grip walking back into the garden to tend to the crops, she heard them jump the fence and scurry off whispering something about doves? she wasn't really listening.

not only a few minutes later Faith saw the distant but unmissable look of redcoats riding straight into the Lallybroch. Faith swore under her breath before standing up and quickly beating the dirt off of her dress. A fat little redcoat which she recognised a Corporal Mcgregor jumped off his horse and approached her.

She mockingly bowed and said "Sir" trying to hide her snickers

"wheres Ian Murray" he demanded, she shrugged

"Dunno, why'd ye need to see him," she said

"None of that" he spat "Tell me where he is, whore"

"Well firstly I'm eight, ye dinna need to call me a whore" Faith was trying to buy time to let Ian go before the redcoats got to him "I for one have never had sex wi' anyone" she rambled and could tell the officers were getting angry "and secondly I don't know where-" at that moment she heard someone's voice coming from inside the castle, it was Ians