Chapter 2

*Ruv's POV*

     Once we get back to the church and put the groceries away, we eat dinner. 

     Sarvente's meals are always delicious, and I can always trust that they are not poison. Tonight she made spice cake. I don't get why others cannot consume such a delicious thing without dying. Next time that annoying blue-haired midget and his girlfriend come by, I'll ask Sarvente to make some for them.

     After we finish the savory cake, we go to our rooms and change into our night clothes. Then we sit down on the couch and watch Russian slapping contests together while sharing the ice cream. Fortunately, I don't have to translate for Sarvente, since she's been alive long enough to know every language. I learned that the hard way... (I didn't have the best... vocabulary when I first came across the church...)

     "We need to do this more often.", she says.

      "Yeah.", I say.

      I enjoy spending time with Sarvente. She always makes my day better.

      As we watch the contests for 2 more hours, Sarvente starts to drift off. Eventually, she is asleep on my shoulder, and the Russian slapping contests have been finished for a while. I don't want to move because I don't want her to wake up.

       I need to get up to return to my bedroom eventually, so I carefully get up and carry Sarvente, still asleep, to her room.

       I lay her down on her bed, and carefully pull the covers over her so she doesn't wake.

       "She looks cute when she's sleeping.", I think to myself.

       "Shit, what's gotten into me? She's my best friend!" I say, actually out loud this time. 

       Crap; I need to keep my voice down so I don't wake her. 

       She has some hair covering her face, so I quickly tuck it behind her ear before leaving. Her hair is soft. 

       She really does look cute when she's sleeping. I attempt to smile, knowing the pain that it will cause.

        I leave her room and head to mine.

        "What is with me?", I think to myself as I fall asleep.