Chapter 10 (POV 2)

*Selever's POV*

     Day # who-knows-what of living in this dumbass void that we call home.

     It's a normal day like any other; I'm eating something Rasazy whipped up for breakfast, while she already ate and is spectating Mom and Dad.

     "Sel- come here.", Rasazy says.

     "What, what is it?", I say, as I approach her in the next room over of this infinite void.

     "Papa planned another fun day for them again.", she says, and looks up at me with a gleam in her eye.

     "I wouldn't get your hopes up again, Rasazy.", I say. "You were all hyped up after they went to the Russian slapping contest, just to be let down."

     "You never know...", she responds.

     I walk away as she stays, watching.

     "He'll never  have the courage...", I mutter under my breath.

     I decide to go hop into another alternate universe to entertain myself. I've already been to the high school one (at Rasazy's request), the Shama one (my personal favorite), and fuckton more of 'em; what one should I visit today?

     In the end, I let the universe decide one for me; I honestly don't care what it has in store.

     As soon as I get there, I see Dad, hunched over, crying. He never cries- what a pussy.

     "Hey, Dad!", I call out, but he doesn't respond; I guess I'm not a part of this one.

     I walk over to see what he is crying about.

     He's clutching- is that- Mom? She has a hot pink rose and thorns are covering one of her eyes, and her horns are out, dripping her magenta pink color. Roses are intertwined with her horn excess. She, too, is crying.

     "Sarv, I'm so sorry...", Dad says.

     "You...", Mom says while crying. "You knew what would happen."

     "I...", Dad barely even responds before continuing to cry.

     "Why did you break our vow?"

     Those words replay over and over in my head like a broken record. The only way that Dad could break the vow is by leaving Mom's side... He must have come back, forgetting about the consequences of the vow that he, himself, made those many years ago. Why make a vow you can't keep?

     At that last sentence, I start to tear up.

     "Don't be a pussy. Shake it off; it's not real.", I say to myself, but then the image jumps to 2 familiar-looking kids.

     Rasazy and I.

     I am hugging and comforting her, while we are both crying.

     "See you in another life, Raz.", my alternate self says, and they both fade into nothingness, the void going with them.

     Mom is dead.

     "Sel? Sel!", I hear faintly.

     I'm freezing, and sopping wet. I open my eyes; my vision is blurry.

     "Ugh- what happened?", I say as I sit up. Rasazy is by my side.

     "You came back from another alternate universe, and you fainted the second you got here.", she responds.

     "How long was I out of it?", I ask.